Today, we're taking you back to the Samsung Galaxy S4. I know it's last year's flagship, but there are still plenty of people that own and use the Galaxy S4 daily. And now that there are stock KitKat ROMs out for the device, we're going to show you how to flash that ROM onto your Galaxy S4. Now the one we're talking about today is the I9505 which is the Snapdragon 600 model. So be sure you have that model before attempting to flash this ROM. Also be sure to read this entire post before doing anything. And as always, we are not responsible for any damage done to your Galaxy S4.
How to flash XXUFNB9 Android 4.4.2 ROM onto the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505:
- Download I9505XXUFNB9 zip file. (note that you need to have an account at SamMobile if you want to be able to download the firmware file)
- Extract the contents of this zip file and save them on your computer (the firmware file has the .tar.md5 extension, don't extract any further than that)
- Download ODIN 3.09 from here.
- Power off the Galaxy S4 I9505.
- Boot the phone in Android Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN executable on your computer.
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB data cable. (wait for ODIN to recognize the phone, then continue with the installation)
- Go to ODIN 3.09 main screen and press the 'AP' button.
- Load the I9505XXUFNB9 firmware tar.md5 file.
- Don't edit any ODIN settings at all
- When you're ready for the update simply press the START button.
- Confirm process.
- When the installation is complete ODIN will show the 'PASS' alert in green and the phone will reboot in normal mode.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
That's how you flash KitKat onto your Galaxy S4 I9505. This is the official ROM from Samsung, so there's no worrying about whether it's stable or not.