Description: Yoga.com Studio is a beautiful Android app for both smartphones and tablets that aims to take users through the required steps to master certain Yoga poses and enjoy Yoga at their own pace. Yoga.com Studio for Android features 289 poses and breathing exercises and has 37 predefined programs on offer as well. The app features high-definition video and audio of the poses and exercises which look great on tablets with HD displays. With an emphasis on detailed instruction and a wide variety of poses, Yoga.com Studio is a good-looking app that definitely fits in with the calming nature of Yoga. You can find out more info at Yoga.com
How it Works: To get started, all you need to do is download Yoga.com Studio from the Play Store. It’s a large app, and the videos are all of very high-quality so it’s best to make sure you’re on a fast connection before you get started. Once the app is downloaded, you can either choose from a number of programs or select a pose you already know from the library included.
If you’re a beginner, it’s perhaps best to choose a program from the predefined list on offer. That way you can be sure you’re doing something suited to your level.
When you choose a program, you’re given a breakdown of the poses and such within it, which is good for educating those that might not have practiced Yoga before.
When doing an exercise, you’re shown a high-quality pose in action and there’s an instructor’s voice telling you to perform the pose as well.
Opinion: Whenever getting into something like Yoga – itself something that needs to be approached with care – it’s important to have all the right information. Yoga.com Studio takes care of that and also adds in some excitement with its high-quality videos and voiceovers that take you through each pose and exercise. Having the right information to perform poses properly is one thing, but that’s not enough and it can also be quite boring. Yoga.Com Studio helps here by bringing together good info from trusted sources with easy to follow and relaxing instructions. Great on tablets, Yoga.com Studio is one of the better apps that we’ve come across when it comes to teaching people Yoga in the comfort of their own home or wherever they might be.
- Speed (3.5/5) – Yoga.com Studio is something of a sluggish app, and takes some time to get going with the exercises, but we assume this is down to the high-definition videos.
- Features (5/5) – With great instructions for beginners and more advanced users, Yoga.com Studio has hundreds of poses and lots of programs on offer for people to get stuck into.
- Theme (4/5) – Good-looking throughout, this is a calm and well-polished Yoga app for Android smartphones, and finally one that takes advantage of tablets, too.
- Overall (4/5) -Great for beginners and more advanced users alike, Yoga.com Studio is a fresh approach to getting people started with Yoga and it looks great.
- Easy to get to grips with, the UI is well-designed and users will be able to select programs right from the get go.
- Excellent, high-quality images and audio come together to talk people through poses and what to do.
- 289 poses and 37 programs are included, which means there’s enough here for advanced trainers as well as those just getting started.
- Finally, an app that takes advantage of the higher-quality displays available on tablets.
- Can be a little slow at times.
- No free or lite version available for people to try before they buy.
Conclusion: It might be a little sluggish at times, but there’s no shortage of great content here, regardless of how long you’ve been practicing Yoga. Newcomers will be able to get to grips with Yoga not only in the comfort of their own home, but on their own terms and their own schedule. Good-looking videos and detailed instructions make things easy for everyone to follow along. Even if you’re at a more advanced level, Yoga.com Studio has something for you as well, thanks to its vast library of your favorite poses and beyond.