Description: Fighter Pilot: TPW is a game for Android that puts you in control of a World War II fighter plane and has you reenact classic campaigns from WWII over land, sea and of course in the air. With a great many campaigns on offer, lots of different planes, different weapons to use and more, there's something for anyone that's looking to play as a fighter pilot in some of the greatest campaigns across history. With lots of different campaigns on offer, and controls that allows you to fine tune your ascent or descent, lay bomb after bomb on enemy ships and more, Fighter Pilot is a good game for anyone looking to take to the skies WWII style. Take a look at the trailer below for a quick taste.
How it Works: To take to the skies, you'll need to first download Fighter Pilot: TPW and then, you're ready to go.
It's a good idea to start off with the tutorial campaigns, as these levels will teach you how to play the game, and control your plane.
The tutorial teaches you important things you'll need to remember to get through the levels, such as dodging anti-aircraft fire and more.
When you've finished the tutorial and you feel you're ready to move to the actual campaigns, there are a variety of missions waiting for you to try out.
There are varying difficulty levels, but for newcomers, we suggest playing on the Baby difficulty and working your way up.
I found the game to be quite difficult, mostly due to the very finicky controls, but once you do get used to things, it can be quite a satisfying game to play through.
Opinion: It's a real shame that the overall presentation of Fighter Pilot: TPW lets the core gameplay down, because while not action-packed, there's a lot to love about Fighter Pilot and the way it plays. Precise and calculated movements are rewarded with victory and hits on target. However, the controls are really quite difficult to master, but then again so is flying a fighter plane. With lots of different buttons to remember to press at the times, all while monitoring your speed and altitude, there can be a little too much going on while trying to take out the enemy as well. If you can master the flying style then great, more power to you, but it's certainly not easy I feel.
- Speed (4/5) - Everything ran fine on a number of devices, but the game speed can be a little difficult to manage.
- Features (3.5/5) - The core gameplay is good, but there's not enough included to keep it really entertaining. Once you master the controls, campaigns can feel a little similar.
- Theme (3/5) - With some pretty poor results on tablets, the low-resolution assets and blocky control buttons really get in the way of the action.
- Overall (3.5/5) - Fighter Pilot: TPW has some good core gameplay, but getting to that stage where you know the controls can be pretty difficult and the presentation really lets things down.
- Great for WWII buffs that want to explore the airborn conflict that took place.
- Lots of campaigns on offer to deliver a varied experience.
- Precision and calculation are rewarded, rather than just randomly charging in.
- Allows for fine adjustments when attacking the enemy.
- Very poor graphics on high-resolution displays, the main action is fun, but the menus and controls let things down.
- Campaigns can start to feel very similar.
Conclusion: Fighter Pilot: TPW can be a fun game, especially once you master the controls, as precision is the way to win battles, not just idle luck as with other games. A fun game nonetheless, it's just a shame the presentation really lets things down here. With some extra polish and high-resolution assets being used, things would look much better. Still, this means that the game does run on pretty every Android device out there, so it's not all bad. Once you get used to the controls, flight simulator fans will find some fun in Fighter Pilot: TPW.