Description: Wondershare MobileGo is a PC Application for Windows machines that allows your Android smartphone and PC to talk to each other. Wondershare MobileGo can help you send text messages from your computer, install apps onto your phone, back up your data and more, all wirelessly over the same WiFi network. It works in conjunction with an Android app available from the Play Store, and the overall aim here is to deliver an application that works well on both platforms, and gives users a way to backup their data, send messages and more on their PC. Perfect for those who still use a computer or laptop as their main device and a real boon for business users that have sensitive information on their devices. Wondershare MobileGo is free to try but does cost $40 after the trial period.
How it Works: Unlike regular Android apps, you'll need to download the Windows application first, which you can do from the Wondershare website. Setup is nice and easy and will work on Windows XP and above. Once you've done that, you'll be able to launch the program and take a look at some prompts on what to do next.
To complete the setup of Wondershare MobileGo, all you need to do is download the app from the Play Store and follow the instructions on screen.
Once you've gotten your phone and your computer talking, you'll see status updates of your device's battery and more.
You can see things like the apps you have installed on your device when using Wondershare MobileGo on your Windows PC.
Managing not only your apps, but also your contacts is made easy with Wondershare MobileGo, perfect for business users.
You can also send and receive text messages, too as well as a myriad of other features, like being able to deal with files on your device like music and videos. It's easy to give the app a try, so what are you waiting for?
Opinion: I've always loved the fact that with Android you don't need to download any extra applications to deal with transferring data or anything like that. However, managing files and folders on your phone's storage can be pretty difficult, and so that's why Wondershare is such a good idea. There are similar apps out there, like SnaPea, but Wondershare manages to keep its own identity. Business users will be especially taken with the emphasis on being able to manage contacts and more right from your laptop while travelling. Smartphones are convenient, which is great, but we don't always want to have to deal with fiddling around with our smartphones in meetings and such.
- Speed (4/5) – The Windows side of things is nice and fast, and there's no trouble using this over WiFi, either.
- Features (5/5) – Being able to work on pretty much any Android device out there, Wondershare MobileGo is a must for business users and those that want a little more transparency managing their Android smartphone.
- Theme (4/5) – A good-looking app on Android and Windows, Wondershare looks the part and is laid out well.
- Overall (4/5) – A great way to keep on to of your device with more control and granularity, Wondershare makes managing your smartphone an easy affair.
- Easy to setup thanks to the included QR code in the Windows app.
- Great for business users who travel with their laptops and need to manage lots of different contacts.
- A good app for users that aren't so tech-savvy, as it lets them control files and more on their smartphones without needing to read a manual.
- No need to use a USB cable (though you can if you'd like) as everything is done over WiFi.
- A web-based side of things would be great, as then it'd work on any machine, like my Chromebook.
- Plenty of options out there like this, so it's hard to choose between them all.
Conclusion: Wondershare MobileGo is another application that can help users keep on top of their smartphones from their PCs and it works really quite well. With no need to spend time managing files and folders on your device, you can wirelessly manage music and videos as well as contacts and even send messages from your laptop. Smartphones have become as big a distraction as they have a help and as such, programs like Wondershare MobileGo can help users regain some of that lost focus by reducing the time spent using smartphones to get simple things done.