Description: The Cleaner is an Android app that can help speed up your device and free up storage space on your device, giving you not only a quicker smartphone, but also one with more storage to play with. The Cleaner is a simple and easy app to download that brings with it oodles of style, with the ability to choose your own theme and of course it features all the functionality that you would expect from such an application. With a one touch system for both storage and running apps, you can clear memory on your device and gain some of your precious storage space back in a matter of minutes. A good-looking app, The Cleaner is designed to do some key tasks on your device. Read on to find out how we liked it.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download the app from the Play Store before you can use it. Once you launch the app, you'll be asked to analyze your device's memory. What this will do is scan your device to see what apps are running and how much memory they're taking up.
When the Cleaner has finished analyzing your device you'll see how much memory you can easily free up.
You can easily choose which apps to keep open by touching the box next to each app. For me, listening to music is important, so I will keep Play Music open, but simply close the others. The same process can be simply repeated for storage.
Hitting delete will give you the figure quoted back in storage. A lot of the time, apps and games that we don't use take up storage on our devices, which isn't always the best for devices with limited storage and no microSD card slot. If the default theme isn't to your liking, you can choose from a number of themes.
For those that have devices with not a lot of RAM or very little storage, the widgets will come in handy for those quick times you need to free up some memory or get rid of some taken up storage.
Opinion: For me, The Cleaner isn't too useful when it comes to cleaning memory, as I have a Nexus 5 with 2GB of RAM. Where it is useful however, is helping me keep control of the storage on my Nexus. It's tricky to keep on top of the 16GB of storage in my device when I have lots of APK files for app reviews and cached music files. Those that only have 1GB or 512MB of RAM on their device however, will greatly appreciate the widgets that allow you to quickly free up some RAM and speed things up.
- Speed (4/5) - A slick and smooth application, there's nothing to complain about when it comes to speed here.
- Features (4/5) - Let's face it, RAM optimizers and storage cleaners are nothing new, but the way the Cleaner presents things is slick and very easy to use, putting a slick new face on some old tricks.
- Theme (5/5) - One of the better-looking apps out there designed to speed up your device and with a selection of themes included, it'll blend in with any device you throw at it.
- Overall (4/5) - An easy to use, inviting and good-looking app to clean things up on your smartphone, The Cleaner is an app that might perform old tricks, but it certainly isn't an old dog.
- Extremely easy to use, The Cleaner is inviting enough for new Android users, as well as slick enough for veterans to appreciate.
- Great for those that only have 512MB or 1GB of RAM and non-expandable storage on their device.
- Variety of themes on offer for those looking to personalize things.
- One-touch operation is great for those relatively new to Android.
- Might seem a little basic to some hardcore Android users.
- Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but does make the process smooth and easy.
Conclusion: Android might be getting smarter, and more lightweight, but devices with meager amounts of storage and RAM can suffer from issues. When it comes to storage, it's surprising how many apps and games just swallow up your internal storage. Music caches and game files from uninstalled games can hang around for ages and while you might think that most phones have enough storage, it wasn't long ago Google was selling an 8GB version of the Nexus 4. With quick-access widgets and themes to boot, The Cleaner is one of the best-looking apps out there for this sort of thing, and it's just one quick download away in the Play Store.