Description: ScanWritr is an Android app that's designed to enable you to effectively scan documents no matter where you are using your smartphone or your camera. With a simple setup procedure, a fast and comprehensive application, it seems that ScanWritr has everything you might need. You can scan page after page to make a multi-page document, export PDFs, sign documents and more. Scanning documents with ScanWritr couldn't be easier, as there's genuine edge detection used (which you can tweak after you've taken a photo) which makes the overall document much clearer and closer to the original paper copy. With scanners and photocopiers becoming more and more obsolete, isn't it better to simply use one of the tools we all have with us? With ScanWritr, you can scan things around the office, email documents back to the office when traveling on business and more. Take a look at the trailer below to get a taste of what it can offer you.
How it Works: To start digitizing your documents, you'll need to first download ScanWritr from the Play Store. There's a Pro version available as well, which offers documents to be as long as you would like. The free version only allows exports to be five pages long and they do come with watermarks.If you like the Free version, you can upgrade to the Pro version from within the app. Once you download the app, you're given an introduction.
When you first start using the app, you'll see an empty library in front of you, but scanning a document is as easy as hitting the camera button.
As you can see, ScanWritr is already looking for the edge of the document, and once you've taken the photo, you'll get a crisp and clear image, just as you would using a scanner.
If I had a steadier hand, the image would come out a lot better, but you can tweak, rotate and more before you push the final button. Once you've brought the document into ScanWritr, you can even input text into the document as well.
This is a great feature for those times that you need to fill in an important document and then send back. Speaking of which, you can export documents as PDFs, a universal standard which will ensure everyone can open your documents.
Opinion: ScanWritr is an excellent application for those in business, as well as those working from home. Often, it can be difficult to get hold of the right equipment, and when you need to scan a document you might have to plug in the scanner, install the drivers and more. However, with ScanWritr, everything is straightforward, precise and perfect for the working environment. Being able to sign and complete forms that you might not be able to download from the web is a real boon and the app is obviously put together by those that know what they're doing. A great app that I wish was around when I was studying English, ScanWritr is something every office worker should have installed on their Android smartphone.
- Speed (4/5) - ScanWritr takes very little time to loud, and importing documents using your camera is speedy.
- Features (5/5) - Covering all the bases for scanning, exporting and even signing documents, ScanWritr does it all.
- Theme (4/5) - A good-looking app that looks good on smartphones and tablets alike, there's nothing to complain about here.
- Overall (4.5/5) - With the major boxes ticked for this sort of thing, ScanWritr is almost a perfect app for those in need of scanning documents on the go.
- Easy enough to use, yet still comprehensive enough for use around the office.
- Multi-page document creation is fast and easy with ScanWritr.
- Pro version offers a whole lot of features, and doesn't even cost that much.
- Great for signing or filling in forms away from the desk without looking unprofessional.
- Sample documents with tips and tricks would be a nice touch.
- Could make better use of extra space on tablets.
Conclusion: With the majority of key features needed in an application like this, ScanWritr is easily one of the best apps for this sort of thing out there. There's no need to dig through instructions and everything just works. With the ability to create multi-page documents and tweak scanning areas, there's very little that ScanWritr can't do. Perfect for around the office and at home, this is one of those apps that you'll question how you ever lived without it.