Description: As you will have already guessed from the app's title, Digital Alarm Clock is an Android app that aims to turn your Android smartphone into a practical digital alarm clock to help you wake up in the morning. Not only is it good-looking, but it features a slew of software features that can be customized to your tastes. There's a built-in nap timer, a homescreen widget, a night light mode and more that can all be changed to how you like. All of this comes in a free Android app that's just a short download away on your Android smartphone. Take a look at the trailer below to see what it can offer you.
How it Works: Just like other Android apps we review here, you'll need to download Digital Alarm Clock from the Play Store. Once you do, you'll be greeted with the main alarm display.
The default theme is blue, but you can change this to whatever sort of color you like, I went for a retro red sort of color, and it instantly feels more like something I would use on a daily basis.
There's a ton of settings you can change in the settings menu besides just the look of the alarm clock.
One of my favorite features of the app is the quick nap timer feature, which allows you to set a predefined amount of time before an alarm goes off.
Opinion: Digital Alarm Clock might not be a completely new idea for an app, but it is chock full of features and you can really make your own personal clock out of this app. The nap timer is a great feature, but I'd like to be able to add another time in there if possible. Ads can be quite annoying here, but the developer is open about why he needs them and if you want to, you can turn them off by paying a small one time fee. Apps aren't developed for free and so these sort of ads are needed, unfortunately. Still though, the stock Android alarm clock is a little bland, so Digital Alarm Clock can fill the gap by offering a myriad of extra features as well as looking exactly how you want it to look.k
- Speed (4/5) – There were no issues when running Digital Alarm Clock and the app ran very well while testing things.
- Features (4/5) – With a bucket load of favorite features you'd want from an alarm clock app, this ticks all the right boxes and the settings menu is nice and easy to use.
- Theme (4/5) – You can change not only the colors here but the layout of the clock and what displays on it, so there's a lot on offer here for those that like to customize things to their liking.
- Overall (4/5) – Digital Alarm Clock might have an unimaginative name, but it brings a raft of features to the table and looks good in the process. Unlike other apps like this, the developer hasn't abandoned it and running on the latest version of Android worked like a charm.
- You can choose practically whatever color you want in order to customize the look and feel of your alarm clock.
- Easy to use and works with the latest of version with no issues at all.
- Scales nicely to high-resolution displays of all sizes.
- Features like the nap timer, night light and more all help this one stand out from the rest.
- Ads can be quite annoying, but you can easily turn them off and they never once show on the main clock display.
- Nap timer maxes out at 60 minutes, but two-hour cycles can be the most effective for naps.
Conclusion: Digital Alarm Clock is a good-looking app that offers a whole load of features and the ability to customize its look to however you want. Those looking for an alternative to the alarm clock app that came with their device should give this one a go and will most likely find a lot of the features on offer more than appealing. A free download, with just some ads to deal with, Digital Alarm Clock is a well put together Android app.