Description: Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 is a live wallpaper for Android that utilizes your accelerometer, gyroscope and more in your device to deliver different views on a chosen theme on your device. Much like the parallax feature was used in iOS 7, Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 sways an image, and different layers of the image, on your smartphone or tablet in order to deliver a pleasing look and feel. With Lite and Pro versions available – the Pro version features many more wallpapers – it’s easy to try out the app to see if it works with your device and there’s more than enough on offer to keep the vast majority of tastes satisfied. Read on to see how we like it.
How it Works: There are two versions of the app, a Lite version and a Pro version. It’s a good idea to try out the Lite version to see if it works with your device. The Pro version features a wider array of wallpapers to choose from. As with any live wallpaper app, all you need to do is to select Super Parallax Pro 3D from the list of wallpapers to configure it.
Choosing a scene is as simple as choosing from a list with easy to figure out titles.
Once you’ve tweaked your settings and you feel comfortable with them, simply apply the wallpaper to see how it looks.
Opinion: Live wallpapers are great to spice up your device and give them a fresh look and in most cases, less is more when it comes to live wallpapers. With Super Parallax 3D Pro 2, the effect is subtle, but can add a presence to your homescreen and there’s enough of a variety on offer to satisfy the vast majority of users. With a number of settings available to tweak, you can really make Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 your own and thankfully, the effect isn’t too taxing on the majority of recent devices.
- Speed (4/5) – If you have a device from at least the last couple of years, Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 will run pretty well on your smartphone or tablet.
- Features (4/5) – A nice break from the super-flashy, over-the-top live wallpapers out there, the parallax effect is subtle and there are numerous scenes available for users to choose from.
- Theme (4/5) – With sci-fi scenes, generic scenes and even calming scenes there’s something for everyone here and the parallax effect works well with the different layers in images.
- Overall (4/5) – A competent live wallpaper that only trips up in a couple of minor ways, Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 isn’t for everyone, but there’s a lot on offer to give a go.
- Easy to set up and get to grips with.
- Doesn’t seem too taxing on the vast majority of hardware from the last couple of years.
- Lots of different themes on offer, especially in the pro version, for people to choose from.
- You can control the parallax effect as well as the frame rate to however you like it.
- Doesn’t look as good on tablets as it does on phones.
- Previews when selecting a preferred theme would be nice.
Conclusion: As silly as it sounds, the fact that Super Parallax 3D Pro 2 doesn’t feature as much as other wallpapers is a good thing. The parallax effect works brilliantly with the layered images, and the variety of them on offer is a real nice touch. If you have a decent device from the last couple of years, this will work just fine and the settings are there for you to tune the effect and to make sure that your smartphone or tablet still runs just great. Overall, this is a decent and respectable offering and there’s no reason not to give it a go.