Description: KK Emoji Keyboard is a familiar type of keyboard for Android, it's based off of the Google Keyboard that debuted with KitKat. Which many of you will remember featured Emoji, highly detailed Emoticons that have been popular in the East for years and they've since made their West. The latest Google Keyboard makes great use of Emoji, but the focus isn't on them, which is where KK Emoji Keyboard comes in. It's the same Android keyboard that has become really quite good over the year, but with a focus on Emoji, perfect for connecting with friends and family all over the world. Take a look at the below video for more.
How it Works: As with other keyboards on Android, you'll have to download the app from the Play Store. Then there are a few steps you need to take to get everything set up, but KK Emoji takes you through them nice and easily.
Once you've set everything up nicely, you'll be able to test the keyboard out.
As you can see, the keyboard really does focus on emoji, and features a number of great punctuation-based emoticons, which are certainly something different and all of your friends regardless of smartphone or not should be able to see these. For more features however, you can go ahead and get the Pro version, which brings with it things like themes and more Emoji.
Gesture typing is here too (although you will need to install your preferred language if it's not installed already) and you can create some very colorful looks for your keyboard.
Opinion: Let's be honest here, this is pretty much the Google Keyboard that debuted in Android 4.4, which is actually a good thing. KK Emoji focuses on emoticons that have become all the rage thanks to apps like WhatsApp and Line and using the Google Keyboard to do so is a great idea, after all it's familiar to a lot of people and works brilliantly. For a long time I'd been a fan of the SwiftKey keyboard, but since my Nexus 5 arrived, the Google Keyboard has been my default keyboard. Adding text-based emoticons and theme support to an already very good keyboard is a good idea and while it could be a little more original, there's a lot on offer here.
- Speed (4/5) - Everything runs fine with KK Emoji and setting everything up is real easy.
- Features (4/5) - The Google Keyboard is here with some tweaks and a focus on emoji, making this familiar and packed with extra features for those IM fans.
- Theme (4/5) - Matching almost any device you could think to use this with, KK Emoji Keyboard features themes to allow some great customization.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid keyboard that is familiar, doesn't break things and yet offers some more emoji for those craving those smilies.
- Easy to set up, with a polished step-by-step guide.
- Lots of emoji available, including punctuation-based ones that will be familiar to online gamers and those with friends that don't have smartphones.
- Family layout offers those used to the stock Android keyboard something extra without the frustration of learning a new keyboard.
- Pro version allows for theming of the keyboard, which can help it fit in better with other phones or just customize things.
- Feels a little too much like the Google Keyboard.
- Not too much offered for free here.
Conclusion: It'd be nice to get a little more out of KK Emoji for free, but the extra fee does get you quite a lot, including some better-looking Emoji. It might seem a little cheap to develop an app off of the Google Keyboard, but everything looks good and it's nice and familiar to type with, making for an easy keyboard to use. Easy to set up, familiar and fun to type with coupled with some fun-looking emoji, KK Emoji is a great keyboard that doesn't try too hard.