Description: Hangtime is an Android app that aims to quickly and easily tell you what's going on near you, regardless of your interests or where you might be. It's sort of like a diary put together for you, from Facebook, Eventbrite, Ticketmaster, StubHub, Ticketfly, and many more. More than just being able to see what's going on throughout your Facebook friends, Hangtime brings together local events and shows, gatherings and more that you wouldn't normally come across. It'll even help you see it on Google Maps so you know where you're going. If you need something to do, or you're just looking for something new then Hangtime is your one stop stop.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download the app from the Play Store, once you've done that you'll be asked to choose some of your interests.
It's not just music though, there's a whole bunch of interests to choose from to create your own unique mix of interests. It's important to think about these choices carefully, as these will determine what events Hangtime shows you.
When you've put your interests together, you'll be asked whether or not you want to connect your Facebook account with Hangtime. Connecting to Facebook is the only way to see what your friends are up to and it also gives you a wider variety of events to look at.
You can see a list of upcoming events that relate to the choices you made when you chose your interests once you have everything set up.
When you click on an event, you're given a closer look at what's going on and where.
You can even load it up on the map to see where it is in relation to you.
It's as easy as that to find something new going on near you, and to find it as well as share the event with friends.
Opinion: Thanks to the Internet, and the wonders of the modern search engine, finding something near us is not difficult. To take advantage of online listings though we have to know what we want to do before we can search for an address or whatever. With Hangtime however, you can simply browse and take a look at what's going on, which is great for those looking to try something new, or if you've recently moved and want to check the pulse on your new neighborhood. Hangtime brings together a number of different resources, including your personal Facebook calendar, to give you a great idea of what's going on near you and it works well and for those looking to get out there and try something new as well as those connecting with friends on Facebook.
- Speed (4/5) – With no real waiting between finding new events and getting everything set up, Hangtime won't hold you back.
- Features (5/5) – Other apps might offer the same sort of thing, but Hangtime seems to just work. There's no complicated way of doing things here, and it's all easy to use.
- Theme (4/5) – The layout of events on the feed could make better use of large displays, but everything looks good and nothing is too awkward to use.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid app that allows you to find new things in your area, and better connect with friends on Facebook, Hangtime is a good app that everyone should give a try.
- Hooks into your Facebook account for those sweet parties your friend down the street has.
- Lots of different resources come together to create full list that has a lot to offer.
- Vast amount of interests to create a nice mix, which in turn offers the sort of events that you would be happy with.
- Easy to use interface that doesn't ask too much from the user.
- Main feed seems to take up a lot of space, even on a 5-inch phone.
- Better management of sending messages to friends is needed.
Conclusion: Hangtime isn't a perfect app, but it has a lot of the right boxes ticked, it does exactly what it promises to and even does so with a little flare added. However, it's lacking in polish and could do with some tweaks for larger displays and better attention paid to how it contacts friends. However, with all of that said, Hangtime is one of the better event apps out there, giving you quick and simple access to see what's going on, where and the ability to invite people along for the ride.