Description: 3D Pirate Ship is a simple live wallpaper for your Android smartphone or tablet that puts…a 3D Pirate Ship. It's a 3D Live Wallpaper that works well on smartphones and tablets and for those looking for something a little different, this could be just the ticket. It's pretty barebones, which could be a good thing, as there aren't any settings to confuse yourself with or whatever. Take a look at the trailer below for more.
How it Works: First of all, you'll need to download the game from the Play Store, once you've done that just choose it from the list of Live Wallpapers on your device.
Once you've done that, you'll see the 3D ship on your homescreen.
As you can see, it looks fairly decent on your homescreen, but it looks even better in landscape without anything else around.
Opinion: While I quite like Live Wallpapers in general, it's a shame that this one just doesn't have that same sort of wow factors as others. We don't feel that has anything to do with the subject matter, but rather the level of polish put into the app. The wallpaper doesn't hold up particularly well on high resolution displays and doesn't really work too well with tablets. Both of which are very disappointing, more than that however is the lack of any options or different themes, you're pretty much stuck with the same ship the whole time. Not a bad live wallpaper we suppose, but there's certainly a lot of room for improvement here.
- Speed (4/5) – We can't complain about how quick this guy is, there's nothing to complain out really.
- Features (3/5) – There's really not much more than the regular live wallpaper stuff here, which is a real shame as there's lots of room for improvement.
- Theme (3/5) – Again, this is where the app should shine, but the wallpaper doesn't look good on high resolution displays. It's majestic enough, but high-res textures are needed.
- Overall (3/5) – A decent little live wallpaper, 3D Pirate Ship is a good idea, but it's lacking in its execution and there is really some need for improvement. However, things can only get better down the line.
- Easy enough to setup and use.
- Maritime fans and Pirate lovers everywhere will enjoy this on their phone or tablet.
- Can be quite relaxing.
- Doesn't have an impact on your phone's speed at all.
- In need of high-resolution textures as things start to fall apart on today's Android devices.
- No extra settings or themes to play around with.
Conclusion: The general premise of the 3D Pirate Ship is a good one, with a majestic galleon floating on by on your homescreen. It's just a real shame that the execution just isn't here. It's lacking in polish and it falls apart on HD displays that pretty much every Android device has these days. However, it's not all bad and those with a smartphone looking for a simple, good-looking wallpaper could give this a go and quite enjoy it. Things can only get better though, so there's lots of potential to look out for with 3D Pirate Ship.