Description: Perfect Piano is an Android app for smartphones or tablets that aims to create as good an experience playing the piano on a digital device as possible. With all of the keys available to play on (not all at once, however) and different instruments to choose from – such as the Flute Sound plugin we’re covering here – there’s a lot for music lovers to enjoy. Perfect Piano can even teach beginners the basic of tempo and classic songs as an introduction to playing the piano. The Flute Sound Plugin is similar to the sort of instruments you’d find on a modern keyboard and it works well. With the ability to record your songs in MIDI and from the audio, musicians can use this to try out ideas on the move wherever they are.
To change your instrument to the flute (or another plugin you might have installed), you just need to hit the instrument button in the top-right corner and select it from the list.
Once you’ve chosen the flute, everything you play will output in that instrument.
As we said earlier, you can learn to play the piano with Perfect Piano, and there are some familiar classics to choose from.
When learning to play a song, the notes will appear on the screen and you have to hit the corresponding key just before the note disappears into the keys.
You can easily record your playing through the app as well, with a couple of options.
You can then playback your recordings or share them.
Opinion: Perfect Piano and the Flute Sound make for a fun way to create your music on your smartphone or tablet. In fact, it’s a great way of introducing complete beginners to piano without spending much money. I can play guitar fairly well, but I’ve never much thought about playing the Piano – because owning one would cost too much money – with Perfect Piano however, I can easily give it a shot. Plugins such as the Flute Sound here give the app extra strengths and make it well worth a go. Sharing your recordings is nice and easy, too such as this recording of a Linkin Park favorite, Numb.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything ran great on my tablet and the rhythm seemed to be in-step throughout all of the example songs on offer.
- Features (5/5) – It can be a little fiddly reaching all of the keys, but this is an authentic experience that can really help those wanting to create music on the go or learn how to play.
- Theme (4/5) – Nothing to complain about here, it all looks good, but the buttons can be a little fiddly depending on the size of your device.
- Overall (4/5) – A solid offering for those looking to create something musical wherever they are, Perfect Piano and plugins like the flute sound are great to have installed on your devices.
- Easy to follow prompts to learn beginner songs make it easy for new users to get used to the app and maybe pick up some fundamentals for the first time.
- Recording and sharing your plays are nice and easy thanks to MIDI or audio recording built-in.
- Easily adjust keys and amount of keys shown on the device using the settings.
- Lots of plugins – like the Flute Sound – are available for Perfect Piano.
- Can be tricky to swap to the other end of the keys while playing a song.
- Export features to cloud storage or even YouTube would be great.
Conclusion: Perfect Piano and the Flute Sound plugin are great apps for musical types that want to try their hand at creating music using their devices wherever they are. There’s also the Walk Band available that can take advantage of the same Flute Sound, too. Perfect Piano though, caters to a lot of different user types, from absolute beginners to those that have played Piano at high standards for years, there’s something for them all here. Novices can learn how to perfect their rhythm with a built-in metronome and those looking to create musically digitally for the first time have a great option to try with Perfect Piano.