Description: The Sheepening is an Android game that features some incredible charm and addictive gameplay that everyone can get behind. When a mysterious object falls from space, all of the sheep are scattered and it's up to you to help the humble shepherd herd his sheep back to their pens. Of course, this being a video game things aren't as simple as that. The Sheepening starts to get fun as you have to herd the sheep using a UFO along with a whole bunch of power-ups to get the sheep back safe and sound. With a number of different game modes, there's more than enough on offer here to keep casual gamers and hardcore players happy alike. Take a look at the trailer below for more info.
How it Works: To get started, you'll need to download the game from the Play Store before you can play. After that, you're ready to save some sheep!
You're treated to a sort of cutscene that shows the shepherd's sheep going missing at the hands of aliens. It's up to the shepherd to use alien technology to get the sheep back though.
There are different environments you can play through in the Sheepening, but when you first start off you'll have to play through the tutorial level.
The tutorial is pretty great, as it teaches you how to play the game nice and quickly, without bogging you down too much with details.
Once you've gotten past the tutorial, the game opens up and you can have a lot of fun in the kooky 3D world that the Sheepening has to offer.
Powerups make a big difference in how quickly you can complete a round and make the game altogether more fun. It's well worth spending the time to see just how many there are, and what affect they have on your gameplay.
Opinion: The Sheepening is nothing but incredibly charming, and that's just scratching the surface. In fact, the Sheepening plays brilliantly with its arcade style gameplay and good-looking 3D graphics. The powerups make a big difference to how you can play the game and there's nothing stopping you from playing how you want. The only things you need to watch are the beam meter, from there it's up to you to post the best time when returning all of the sheep to the pen. Not only do the retro graphics help create a charm of its own but, also the groovy music that's pretty cool, too. If you're looking for something a little different, the Sheepening definitely fits that bill.
- Speed (4/5) - The game runs great on smartphones and tablets, with nary a hiccup in sight.
- Features (4/5) - With a great blend of arcade gameplay and casual gaming tropes, the Sheepening is a great game that's a lot of fun to play.
- Theme (4/5) - There's buckets of charm on offer here and the 3D graphics help to put all of that together to create a great-looking game for Android.
- Overall (4/5) - Whether or not you're a casual gamer or looking for something a little more challenging, the Sheepening is a great game everyone should try out.
- Lots of charm on offer with the Sheepening, making it one of the more entertaining games available.
- 3D graphics look good and mix well with the retro charm of the pixel fonts and cutscenes.
- Frantic arcade style gameplay is easy to pick up and play, yet difficult to master.
- Lots of levels on offer to keep players satisfied.
- Tilt controls are a little finicky.
- Lite version is quite limited, a free version with ads might work better.
Conclusion: The Sheepening is a whole lot of fun on Android and it doesn't matter if you're running the game on a tablet or a smartphone, it's going to look good and run well. There's something to be said of the retro charm on offer here, and it all comes together nicely to deliver a solid game that everyone can take to. The storyline isn't overwhelming and the controls aren't all that difficult to remember. All of that makes for an Android game that casual gamers can take to and those looking for something a little more involved can still get a little more out of it. There's a lite version of the game that offers the first few levels for free but otherwise, the Sheepening is not an expensive game and it delivers more than that back to the player.