Description: iMuscle 2 has been one of the most popular fitness apps on iOS and now, it's available to us Android users, which is great as there's a lot on offer from the app. It's one of the most comprehensive workout apps for your muscles. The 50+ preset workouts are just the beginning for iMuscle 2, as there's also multi-user support, a 3D model depicting muscles and more. In fact, you can think of iMuscle 2 as a workout aid you can build around you that's essentially one big knowledgebase. Teaching you how to work out correctly, with recommendations as to what works well and more. Simply put, iMuscle 2 is an app that's built for those that want to be built, and really know what they're doing. Perfect for instructors and users alike, iMuscle 2 ticks a lot of the right boxes. Read on to find out why.
How it Works: To get started with iMuscle 2, you need to download the app from the Play Store, from there, you're greeted with a 3D view of the human body with the musculature on show for you to see.
To either side of the app, there are two menus, to use the app to its full potential you'll need to create a user. This requires no registration and is just for in-app purposes. You can do that by hitting the silhouette at the top-right of the app. You need to add info about your weight so iMuscle 2 can give you the best workouts for you.
As well as that, there's a menu to the left side of the app as well that gives you access to your progress and allows you to get to the workouts included within the app.
You can either view workouts as a list or by touching a muscle on the skeleton.
You can take a look at a muscle by simply clicking on it and be given a look at the workouts available for this muscle. This is great as it can help you pick which muscles you need to work on and it can help your personal trainer choose the right one for you, too.
As for workouts, there are a whole bunch of preset ones you can easily take a look at:
You can of course create your own custom workout as well, which is great if you're using the app in conjunction with your personal trainer.
Performing your own workout is of course personal to you but, the app is easy to use even at the gym so, there's no need to worry about anything while trying to get a good workout together.
Opinion: Let's face it, I'm a technology writer, a blogger, how often do I workout? While the answer is probably somewhere in between the stereotype you have in your head, I try my best to exercise at least a few times a week, whether that's going for a walk or using my dumbbells at home. It's hard to get the right answers when it comes to weight lifting and that sort of thing these days. With so many voices shouting conflicting advice at you, it's difficult to find out what will help your muscles and what will hurt them. iMuscle 2 however is almost like a visual wikipedia for those looking to work out and what's more, it will take you through those workouts as you do them. Those looking to take their workout to the next level should definitely take a look at iMuscle 2 if they haven't already.
- Speed (3.5/5) - Honestly, even on my nexus 5 the app isn't that quick, but there's definitely a lot going on here so it's to be expected.
- Features (5/5) - iMuscle 2 has pretty much everything you would want in a workout app. There's nothing left out here and you and your family can use the same app with different users - it's brilliant.
- Theme (4/5) - While the theme is relatively non-descript, it's an easy to use app that shouldn't confuse many, if at all.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid offering that has all of the right boxes ticked, iMuscle 2 is one of those apps that you need to see to believe. It will change the way you workout.
- Lots of preset workouts on hands for those looking to try out the app.
- Personalized workouts that track your stats and progress.
- Precise knowledge that's needed to make sure you don't do damage to your muscles and make the most of your workouts.
- Easy to use interface that has animations to show you how to do certain workouts throughout.
- Does feel more like an iPhone app than an Android app.
- Can be a little slow at times.
Conclusion: iMuscle 2 is an app that's not without its faults, but what it offers outweigh the niggles that come with it. A great app that offers people of all ages, professions or whatever a way to workout properly without having to spend a lot of money. In fact, iMuscle 2 is a relatively affordable app that offers a lot considering its price tag. You can easily think of this as your digital workout assistant, as it tells you everything you need to know about your muscles and how workouts can affect them. From a fitness standpoint, you can track your stats and progress right within the app, delivering a quality experience that few apps out there can match.