Description: Those in the business world are no doubt familiar with Citrix and their software solutions enabling mobile workstyles. Well, with the acquisition of ShareFile they now offer a solution for storing files online both securely and conveniently. You might think that with Dropbox and Google Drive available to all that there's no need for such a service from Citrix, but ShareFile is secure, professional and specifically built for business. If you need to send sensitive documents to colleagues around the world, you can use ShareFile to ensure files are sent safely and only to those that need to see it have access through passcodes and more. A complete solution to corporate sharing, ShareFile Mobile lets you connect to your account from anywhere using your Android device and even lets you take a look at certain files (like Word documents) on your device.
How it Works: If you're completely new to the ShareFile service, you'll need to sign up here – there's a free trial to take advantage of – once you have created an account you'll need to download the Android app from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you just need to sign into the app with your account details.
Once you're logged in, you'll be greeted with the ShareFile main menu, which allows you access to your files and folders among other things.
How you organize these folders is completely up to you, as is who has access to them, making it easy to control who gets to see what.
Security is the main concern of ShareFile Mobile and as such you can set PIN numbers and more:
What good is all this security though, if you can't upload anything? Well, using ShareFile Mobile is very easy, and there are lots of options to upload a file. You can even capture directly from the camera, which is great if you're at a trade show or something like that.
You can then send these files to colleagues quite simply from within the app.
Opinion: ShareFile Mobile, as you might expect from someone like Citrix is an extremely dependable service that works well on Android and can make sharing files with colleagues not only easy but professional and secure. The Android app will work on all those Samsung devices you see people running around with , as well all others so, there's a good chance that the colleague you're sending files to already has the ShareFile mobile app installed. Dropbox and Drive are great but, when you're dealing with high-profile clients, you want something that looks professional and coming from Citrix, this is certainly that. Featuring all of the file sharing capabilities that you've come to expect from apps like these, there's no reason you shouldn't give this a try.
- Speed (4/5) – Upload speed obviously depends on your connection but the app itself is speedy and a great-running app.
- Features (5/5) – With all of the features that you'd expect from a file sharing app coupled with great security and professionalism this is a must-have for business users.
- Theme (4/5) – A good-looking application that only really falls down with the persistent notification.
- Overall (4/5) – ShareFile Mobile is a solid application that works well on Android and allows for safe and professional file sharing between users.
- Easy enough to setup, with a free trial available to see what the service can offer you.
- Fully featured desktop app available online as well.
- Finally, a professional way to send files between colleagues without online popups or confusing prompts.
- Much more secure than Dropbox and others, allowing for simple yet effective control of your files.
- ShareFile itself could be considered a little expensive side-by-side Google Drive and such.
- Persistent notification cannot be turned off.
Conclusion: ShareFile for Mobile is a great Android app that hooks into the secure service offered by Citrix and it makes it real easy to share files on the go. The ability to take photos there and then within the app will be great for traveling salesmen or those looking for the next big thing at trade shows. More than that though, ShareFile Mobile is a good way to check those sensitive documents on the go without having to worry about security or anything like that. In fact, there are some simple yet effective options to control security right there in the app. ShareFile is one of the more complete file sharing options available on Android, especially if you're looking for something safe and professional to use outside of the office.