Description: City Island 2, from Sparkling Society is the sequel to the popular building game, City Island, which launched on Android some time ago. Now, it's time to start all over again on a new Island with over 150 unique items, fun quests and more to build the ideal tourist attraction. Borrowing from popular games such as Sim City, City Island 2 aims to deliver a similar building experience to our smartphones and tablets. With an easy to use UI and great visuals, City Island 2 puts you in charge of creating your own brilliant tourist attraction and it's up to you to make the Island profitable, so you can continue to build upon an already great City.
How it Works: To start building your own Metropolis come Tropical Paradise, you first need to download the game from the Play Store and then you're ready to play. When you first start playing, a handy tutorial will take you through your first steps that you need to create your very own City Island.
Getting started is relatively simple and while you might start of small, you'll soon have more types of buildings to choose from. Some of the most important buildings are of course housing, which will add to the amount of people you have living on your Island.
Aside from housing, you'll also need some attractions to bring in travelers, you can place them wherever you want but, near houses is always a good idea. You only get a small amount of space at first but, this soon changes as you level up and purchase more land.
From small beginnings, you'll soon have a unique town all of your own that's busy and bustling with visitors!
Much like other city building games, you'll have to listen to advice from town officials, which adds to the experience on the whole.
Opinion: From the ease of use, to the fast pacing, City Island 2 has a lot going for it. Just like its predecessor, it's quick and easy to get to grips with the game and doesn't take long before you a City that you're proud to call your own. Unlike so many other games these days, you're rewarded for playing more and more. With more levels comes more money and the ability to get more space and better quality of housing, attractions and such. It's great to see your city start off from just a few houses and a little stretch of road to become something sprawling and bustling with visitors. Everything looks good and even when you have a massive metropolis on screen, there are no slowdowns in sight and it still looks great.
- Speed (4/5) - Everything runs great, and even with a massive city on screen, the action never slows.
- Features (5/5) - For a mobile game, City Island 2 manages to build on its predecessor and capture the excellent fun of building a City, without being too stuffy or at all tiresome.
- Theme (4/5) - There's a lot to love about the theme at work here, and everything looks really good, it's a real pleasure to see your small town grow to a good-looking city.
- Overall (4/5) Another solid offering that doesn't try to fix a formula that isn't broken that looks great and runs well.
- It's easy to use without being too simple, anyway can start playing but, those interested in advanced features won't be disappointed.
- Good-looking graphics really help create a unique look for the City that you've built from the ground up.
- Lots of replay value here, it takes a while to build a truly brilliant City but, you can also start again and do things differently.
- Over 150 buildings and items to use in your City allow players to create something truly theirs, that nobody else will create.
- Doesn't seem to be play too differently from the first game but, there are a number of tweaks and changes.
- It can take an influx of real cash to make a difference when building your city but, you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to.
Conclusion: From the moment you start building your city from practically nothing but a bucket of cash and some pointers, City Island 2 is just a very fun game. It's easy to build a city from the ground up and while there are advanced features for those interested, they're not a requirement and practically anyway can start playing. The tutorial handily introduces players to controls and everything they need to get started on their journey and with 150 unique items, players will be creating their own unique cities in no time. The level system is great too, because it rewards players that play ore on the game and gives them access to more resources to further enjoy the whole experience. It's a free game to play so, there's no excuse not to give it a try!