Description: Tiny Hope is a platform type game for Android that aims to educate us all on the importance of water while also giving Children an epic adventure to play through. First and foremost, this is a game for Android but, there's a serious message underlying it all. In the game, you take control of the last surviving drop of water, and you need to deliver him to the cloning machine in order to rehydrate the planet. You'll have to use Water, Steam and Ice to get through the levels, conquering different puzzles as different forms of the last droplet of water. Take a look at the trailer below for more info.
How it Works: To start playing, you'll need to download the game from the Play Store and then you'r introduced to the plight that the planet faces without water:
You've got to guide the last drop of water to the cloning machine in order to bring clean water back to the planet. To do this, you need to complete levels and travel across the land. When you first start playing the game, it'll teach you the basic controls:
The aim of each level is to get to the portal but, as easy as that sounds, each level gets a little more difficult:
You can use the Ice form to move things, Steam to fly above obstacles and the normal water form to move along the ground. Throughout the levels, you'll come across situations that require you to use all three forms, in certain timings, like a puzzle game.
At the end of each level, you're given a wise warning about how valuable water is to our planet:
Opinion: Tiny Hope is a great game, it might not be a completely new game compared to other similar games but, the concept of having to use Water, Ice and Steam to get through levels is a unique and innovative touch. It also shows younger audiences just how flexible and how valuable water is as a resource, as well as making sure adults don't take water for granted. Getting such an important message across to kids is particularly important and as modern civilization just keeps on going, it's nice to see that a game like this could help the next generation think harder about their water usage. No matter what though, Tiny Hope is first and foremost a whole lot of fun for players of all ages.
- Speed (4/5) – Tiny Hope runs quickly and it has a nice pace to it, children will be able to play the game as well as adults.
- Features (4/5) – Needing to use Water, Ice and Steam to complete levels is a nice touch and helps the game create its own style of gameplay.
- Theme (4/5) – Everything looks good and the water droplet moves charmingly in whatever form he's in. The message of how important water is subtle and comes across well.
- Overall (4/5) – Tiny Hope is a solid offering that can help this younger generation understand how important water is, teach adults not to take it for granted but, above all it's a fun game for audiences of all ages.
- Fun gameplay will appeal to both casual gamers and fans of platformers in general.
- It's a fun way to help children understand how important water is and not to lead a wasteful life.
- Having to use Water, Steam and Ice will make players think a little harder about how to complete levels.
- The gameplay on offer is fun and accessible to all players, casual or otherwise.
- Doesn't offer much more than the different forms of water to make itself stand out.
- Not everyone will appreciate the environmental message, despite how subtle it is.
Conclusion: Tiny Hope, as an Android game, is a whole lot of fun and while there isn't much it does differently it's a good all-rounder. It's a fun game and the Water, Ice and Steam feature is a nice touch that should help us all realize that water is far more important than we first thought. When it comes down to the message that Tiny Hope tries to get across, it does so in a subtle manner that children in particular will be able to understand but, not get fed up with. It's important that we teach this current generation of children not to lead the same wasteful lives that we have and Tiny Hope could also help us to change the way we treat water.