Description: Sky Boom Boom is a fast-paced action game for Android that puts you in the pilot seat of your chosen airplane. In this endless runner game, you’re tasked with becoming a super-pilot of the Buzz Tech Team as you try your best to complete the longest aerial run ever. It won’t be easy though, as there are obstacles to dodge and the evil Pirate Crew to avoid and take on as you try to keep going. With great graphics, boundless enthusiasm, charm and replayability Sky Boom Boom aims to capture the fun of arcade games and bring them to your smartphone or tablet. Take a look at the trailer below to get a taste of the action.
How it Works: To get started with Sky Boom Boom, all you need to do is download the free game from the Play Store, and then go through some tutorials with the pilots.
The main menu is pretty easy to navigate, you’ve got icons to take you to different parts of the game, such as the store and to check your leaderboard ranking with freinds in Google Play Games. To start a flight, all you need to do is hit ready.
When flying, you need to keep your plane on the right path by changing lanes with the arrows on either side of the display. Stars and question boxes are want you want to aim for but, you should avoid bombs and other obstacles.
If you hit an obstacle or come under attack, you’ll find yourself knocked slightly off course. You can use the air roll or even your weapon to get rid of these obstacles while in flight.
When you finish each level, you’re given a score, which will inspire you to do better time and time again.
Sky Boom Boom offers numerous ways to keep you playing, such as the levelling system.
You can also upgrade your planes and even choose different ones, from a roster of over 15 sweet planes.
Opinion: Sky Boom Boom is a game that’s a lot of fun with fast paced action and a lot of replayability. It might seem like just another endless runner game but, with a lovely arcade feel to it, there’s much more to it than that. For one thing, the gameplay is a nice mash up of other games like Temple Run and even Guitar Hero influences. With good-looking 3D graphics and buckets of charm, this is easily one of the better endless runner games out there right now and I had a lot of fun testing it out.
- Speed (4/5) – Even with a lot of 3D graphics and high frame rates, it kept a consistent pace and ran smoothly.
- Features (5/5) – There’s a lot included in Sky Boom Boom that makes it very replayable and if you like the core gameplay, there are enough extras for you to do to prevent you from growing tired of the game.
- Theme (4/5) – The 3D graphics are good-looking and the game has the overall charm of a Japanese arcade classic, which a lot of people will really love.
- Overall (4.5/5) – With great graphics, lots of replayability and great core gameplay mechanics, Sky Boom Boom is a game you have to try.
- Great 3D graphics that are fluid and full of charm.
- Core gameplay is just a lot of fun, easy to pick up and play.
- Lots of replay value here, with upgrades, different planes and pilots and more.
- Simple control system allows for frantic fun without any confusion.
- In-app purchases might be a turn off for some players.
- Doesn’t seem to run on lower-end or older devices too well.
Conclusion: There’s both a lot of gameplay and charm on offer from Sky Boom Boom for Android. It’s got fast-paced action coupled with great-looking 3D graphics that are full of charm. At its heart though, lies a very fun game with simple controls and an addictive mechanic that works well with all of the other extras offered. Replay value comes in the form of different planes to play with, a level system and the ability to upgrade your planes to make them perform just how you like it. Allowing you to try, try and try again to beat even your best scores as well as your friends’ scores thanks to Google Play Games integration. If you’re looking for an endless runner game that offers a lot more than others and has an original feel to it, look no further than Sky Boom Boom.