Description: Fairy Lands Ultimate is a puzzle game for children that can help teach them the names of different animals, pieces of the environment and more. Unlike a lot of games that aim to educate children, Fairy Lands Ultimate is first and foremost a fun puzzle game for children. It's easy to start playing and it can improve children's vocabulary and help them retain words a little easier. Relying solely on simply drag and drop or touch commands, children won't be frustrated at all while playing the game and there's no reason for them to find this a difficult game.
How it Works: To get started, you'll need to download the game from the Play Store. After that, you're ready to go.
There are three different types of puzzle. The Wooden puzzles are essentially a drag-and-drop exercise to put all items in their proper place:
As you can see there are some blank spots and items scattered all over. To get the items to their right place, the player must tap and hold on one of them and then the rest of the scene will turn blank to let them see the shape. When you match a creature to the right spot on the board, the name will appear above their head (as it will every time you touch them):
Other puzzles, such as the switch pattern should be familiar for most users:
For those that are a little new to the concept, there is a mode that gives players the numbers of where the pieces should go, which is great for younger players:
There are a whole lot of different puzzles and environments to play through, why not try them all out?
Opinion: Games for kids can be a tricky thing, try something new and it might be too off-putting but, stick with something old and parents might write your game off as a cash-in. Fairy Lands Ultimate however, is a combination of both old and new, there's certainly nothing revolutionary about the types of puzzles on offer but, it's unique enough to feel like a new game and all the right boxes are ticked. For a subtle way of improving your kids' vocabulary, this is a good fun game that's simple to play but also a lot of fun, and it's also great for adults and parents to play along with their kids.
- Speed (4/5) - The app itself runs great and the pacing of Fairy Lands Ultimate is great for little ones.
- Features (4/5) - While there's nothing really new at work here, the puzzles present something of a challenge and they're good fun, too.
- Theme (4/5) - It's clear the game needs a little more polish but, the graphics are great and each environment is kid-friendly and colorful to grab their attention.
- Overall (4/5) - Fairy Lands Ultimate doesn't think too far out of the box but, that's good thing as it's easy for kids to pick up and play and educational enough for parents to hand over their tablets.
- Artwork on offer is really nice-looking and will appeal to a lot of kids out there.
- Fairy Lands Ultimate is a subtle, yet effective, way of improving kids' vocabulary and improving their word association.
- To get access to more levels doesn't cost all that much.
- Lots of levels available, with different puzzles and different environments to choose from.
- In-app purchases might turn some parents off.
- More free levels would entice users to buy more candies.
Conclusion: Overall, Fairy Lands Ultimate is a decent Android game that can help kids expand their vocabulary and let them have some fun at the same time. While nothing special, the game is a lot of fun and it's easy for kids to pick up and play. While adults would probably enjoy the game, we're pretty sure this is something to be played with their little ones, perhaps making a fun competition out of it. Using only simple touch controls is great for the younger audience and there are few instructions that are needed to be read, making Fairy Lands Ultimate a great game to let your kids take over your tablet with.