Description: As you can imagine from the title, this is a app that controls the volume and other such things of your device. It allows you to quickly change different volume levels for things like Media, Notifications, Brightness and more. All neatly rolled into one app. Certainly, this type of app is not new but, there’s always room for more choice when it comes to Android apps. Specifically, this type of app works well with Samsung devices and blends in with TouchWiz quite nicely. With a notification that always stays in your status bar, it’s easy to change these volumes by getting quick access to the app.
How it Works: First of all, you need to download the app from the Play Store and then you’re ready to go.
As you can see, it gives you all the information about your device, such as battery, how much memory you have left on your device and of course, all the different levels for volumes. You can quickly change the overall mode right from the app:
There’s a quick way of setting all volumes to 100% as well, which is great for those that might be hard of hearing or just want their phone to be really loud all the time. Perhaps the best feature however, is the simple yet effective notification that stays in your device to allow you to look at different levels.
That’s all there is to it really, it’s simple and easy to change different volume levels or screen brightness using this app.
Opinion: Even in Android 4.4 KitKat, changing different volume levels for certain things isn’t exactly that easy and it’s often a little confusing for new Android users. This sort of app is great for new users or those that aren’t particularly tech savvy as it makes it clear which type of sound is going to be going louder than another. While the app’s theme somewhat clashes with stock Android and HTC devices, it looks great on Samsung smartphones like the Galaxy S4. The wood theme is nice and blends in well with TouchWiz. No matter what though, a free app with no ads like this gets the job done.
- Speed (4/5) – To change volumes using Volumen Control Plus is easy and simple enough that anyone can do it.
- Features (3/5) – All-in-all, there’s not much new here compared to other apps but, it’s free with no ads so, it’s hard to complain.
- Theme (4/5) – The wood paneling and sliders might not fit in with stock Android or HTC devices but, it looks good on Samsung devices and it’s certainly not a bad-looking app.
- Overall (4/5) – Certainly, Volumen Control Plus offers little new but, it’s free, has no ads and does exactly what it says it does – what more can you ask for?
- Super-easy app to use, allowing non tech-savvy users to be able to change their volumes and brightness.
- Persistent notification (which can be turned off) is a nice touch, and offers easy glanceable notification.
- Volumen Control Plus’ theme looks good and will fit in with any Samsung smartphone brilliantly.
- It’s free, with no ads at all.
- Doesn’t offer anything new compared to other volume control apps.
- Stock Android users might find the theme a little off-putting.
Conclusion: While it’s clear that Volumen Control Plus doesn’t offer anything new, it’s still a simple app that does exactly what it promises to do, which is more than can be said for a lot of apps these days. The theme at work here is something that might not appeal to stock Android users or phones with darker themes like the HTC One but, on Samsung devices, the theme will blend in well. The notification is a nice touch and while it simply takes you back to the app, it allows you to check volume levels. For those that need to adjust certain tones when they’re in meetings or something like that, this is a good free option with no ads at all.