Description: Recorder with Tags is a new voice and sound recorder for Android that aims to be the easiest method to record lessons, meetings or whatever it is you need to record. Built with simplicity in mind, Recorder with Tags is easy to use and really looks the part on Android, fitting in with any Nexus device or modern Android phone. With the ability to create categories and easily organize your recordings with tags, it’s one of the better apps to keep on top of numerous recordings. As for the sound quality, Recorder with Tags allows for PCM recording, high bitrate and the ability to back up your recordings to your PC.
How it Works: To start using Recorder with Tags, all you need to do is download the app from the Play Store, with a free version that you can try out for free. Once you’ve done that, you’re able to start recording.
To start your first recording, all you need to do is hit the red button in the top-right corner.
You can pause the recording at any time, as well as leave a tag in the recording.
Tags can be whatever you want them to be and will help you get a grip on what’s inside the recording.
There’s also the categories ability that really makes organizing your recordings much easier.
Drawers are used to great effect in Recorder with Tags, with the main one accessible from the top-left to gain quick access to your categories.
There’s also another drawer that allows quick access to tagged timestamps during playback.
When you start to accumulate a lot of recordings, you’ll find that Recorder with Tags really helps to show off your recordings in an attractive fashion:
Opinion: Simple utilities such as recording apps used to ugly-looking apps that didn’t impress us, now though that’s all changed. Recorder with Tags is just one example that these apps can in fact looks good and genuinely make a difference in our lives. This is easily one of the better-looking Android apps to record voice or audio and the categories are simple yet ever-so-functional. There’s something to be said for this use of Google’s ideal Android UI in apps like this and Recorder with Tags is better for it. For those that want something simple, yet functional Recorder with Tags is a great choice.
- Speed (4/5) – Recorder with Tags is quick and the UI is easy to get around, without having to relearn anything.
- Features (5/5) – While it doesn’t have a laundry list of features, like some other apps do, its simplicity and sheer functionality is what sets it apart.
- Theme (4/5) – Some might thing Recorder with Tags is simple and bland but, realistically it’s colorful, easy to use and very functional.
- Overall (4/5) – It’s nothing revolutionary but, it’s so simple and easy to use that Recorder with Tags is a must-have for those looking to make simple and easy notes.
- Great-looking UI that’s easy to use and will please all stock Android aficionados.
- Categories and tags make it super-easy to organize your recordings by subject, date whatever you want.
- Advanced features in the paid version will appeal to audiophiles looking for a little more.
- You can easily backup these files to your PC.
- No cloud backup options.
- Paid version could be considered a little expensive by some.
Conclusion: While utilities like this aren’t necessarily “sexy” or anything like that, Recorder with Tags comes close to making us think differently about the humble voice recorder. For one thing, the UI is both good-looking and easy to use, simplicity is at the heart of things and it really shows. As for the organization options on offer, things are simple here, too but, they’re useful enough to hand over the power to you. You can create as many categories as you like, to keep things organized how you want them to be. There’s a pro version available that has some added features but, in reality these might only appeal to the advanced user and those concerned with audio quality. If you’re looking for a simple app that’s easy to use and good-looking then Recorder with Tags is one of the best recording apps out there for you.