Description: InstaFrame Collage does pretty much what you think it does, it instantly makes photo collages out of your photos and it allows you to apply effects and more a la Instagram. There's no capability to take photos in the app, as this is strictly more to do with presenting your existing snaps in a new light and easily share them with others. Sending photos to family and friends that are overseas is easy enough but, it's nice to add a personal touch to emphasize the emotions or sentiments in these images. InstaFrame Collage is a good app to do this with and above all, it's easy and quick, just what we want on Android, right? You can take a look at the trailer below to get a feel for the app.
How it Works: You'll need to download the app from the Play Store and then you're ready to go. You'll first be able to take a look at the grids and formats available for your collages.
For this example, I'm going to choose a 3x3 grid and make a triptych. InstaFrame quickly tells you how you can do this with some hints:
Selecting your photos is super-easy, all you have to do is tap on them from the gallery. Once you've selected your photos, you can simply move them around, or change their position and what part of the photo is in the collage until it's just how you like it:
Once you've chosen and positioned your photos, you can add some effects to them, much like you would using Instagram:
Stickers are fun to play with as well, especially for those sending photos to kids back home:
Don't forget that you can also use different fonts to write your own message:
What you do with these tools is up to you of course!
Opinion: Certainly, this is not something you'd use everyday, or if you're a casual user but, for those that enjoy sharing memories with friends and family this is great. Not because it's particularly feature-rich but more because it's incredibly easy to use and very quick. Which makes it very easy to share a quick collage with family overseas of the kids taking their first steps or something like that. Stickers will appear to the younger users while the ability to use different fonts will appeal to those a little older and perhaps those that are separated by oceans and have moved away.
- Speed (5/5) - The app itself is not super-quick but, it takes a matter of a couple of minutes to create a nice collage and then quickly share it.
- Features (4/5) - The general collage side of things is nice and easy, meanwhile the stickers and fonts add that little bit extra.
- Theme (4/5) - InstaFrame looks good and the effects will allow you to make your photos and memories stand out to those you share them with.
- Overall (4/5) - A solid photo editing app that's super-easy to use and very quick, too InstaFrame is one of the easiest ways to create a photo collage.
- For those with family abroad, this is a great app to share some meaningful shots with.
- It's super-easy to use, anyone can use this without needing to be a techno genius, which is what mobile apps are all about.
- Stickers and fonts will allow you to put your own mark on your memories.
- Lots of frames and effects to choose from.
- Ads can be a little distracting.
- Doesn't make much use of the extra space on Android tablets.
Conclusion: There might not be many advanced features to InstaFrame Collage but, it's easy to use and very quick, too. What this is is an app that anyone can use to make something meaningful out of the shots we take everyday and you can easily put your own mark on these memories. Being able to edit and put text on these photos is great, as it makes it that little bit more personal. For the casual smartphone user, this app might seem like another gimmick but, for those that are separated from their families or loved ones, this is a great app to share photos and memories with. Best of all, it's free!