Description: Handrite2Evernote is a simple app for Android that helps both users of Android and the popular note-taking app, Handrite. Essentially acting as a bridge between the two apps, all this little app does is take notes from Handrite, which you'll probably have written with your finger or a stylus, and then puts them into your Evernote account. That's all this app does and it does that well, if not a little crudely. For Galaxy Note users, this is an efficient way of getting notes from Handrite into Evernote but, in reality you've probably already come up with a solution by now.
How it Works: Setting Handrite2Evernote up is really quite a simple process. Of course, you'll have to download Handrite2Evernote from the Play Store first. Both Handrite and Evernote need to be installed as well but, the app will let you do so after you've launched it:
Once you have both Handrite and Evernote installed and setup, if you didn't already, then you're ready to start using the app. Just launch Handrite by tapping of the Handrite2Evernote icon and write some text.
Then all you need to do is hit the back key on your device and it will be uploaded into your Evernote account.
That's all there is to it really, the app serves as a bridge between two apps and it really is that simple to get notes from one to the other. It's important to realize though, that this is simply a one-way transfer, there's no going back the other way from Evernote to Handrite.
Opinion: Handrite2Evernote is certainly an app that doesn't really make all that much sense, after all Evernote is pretty much everywhere by now. Making it accessible through so many ways and most users genuinely prefer to keep writing their notes inside of the app. However, if you're a big fan of the very popular Handrite app on Android then you're going to need something like this to get your notes into Evernote in the first place. If only the whole process was a little cleaner and didn't sort of leave users in the dark. For those with Galaxy Notes that use Handrite a lot, this would be helpful to them also.
- Speed (4/5) - The app launches quickly and the transition into Evernote is very quick, too.
- Features (4/5) - Certainly, there's very little that the app offers but, it fulfills what it was designed to and that's more than we can say for a lot of apps.
- Theme (3/5) - There isn't really a theme to Handrite2Evernote as there's not even that much to the app in the first place.
- Overall (4/5) - If you have a use for the app, it serves its purpose pretty well, even if it is a little clunky.
- App gladly helps new Evernote users install the app on their Android device.
- Above all, Handrite2Evernote is incredibly simple, which is just how we like things.
- Very little user intervention needed at all.
- Does exactly what it says it does without any fuss.
- Process is only one way.
- App is a little clunky and doesn't come with an easy-to-use tutorial.
Conclusion: It's clear that Handrite2Evernote isn't going to be something that will appeal to everyone, after all only those that use Handrite and Evernote will even be interested. Those that are looking for that sort of functionality however, will truly be pleased by what's on offer and while the app is a little clunky, it works. A tutorial to help users with the process upon first launch would be a nice touch as well but, the Play Store listing does a good-enough job of telling users how to get their notes from one into the other.