Description: Well, what can we say about this one? It’s exactly what you think it is; an app full of funny fart sounds and noises. It’s pretty amusing as this isn’t just a random fart generator, the farts are dressed up in different appearances and you can even play a small piano with fart notes. Yes, the whole fart app thing still hasn’t died and nobody out there can honestly say they still don’t find farts funny because frankly, flatulence is hilarious.
How it Works: Download the app from the Play Store, and then you’ll be able to take a look at the different fart options you have:
As you can see there are a lot of choices to choose from, including the classic, pick a fart and play it sort of thing:
More interesting than that however, is the keyboard part of the app that allows you to play notes using a pre-determined fart noise.
There’s an “innovative” feature that basically locks your phone and then when someone picks it up, it farts at them.
As well as this, there’s the obligatory fart grenade as well, which is pretty funny.
Opinion: In all honesty, the whole fart app thing has pretty much ran its course by now but, it can still bring a smile to our faces and if you’re the type of person that has a lot of fun with their friends over a beer or two, then this is perfect. Unfortunately, it’s clear that there’s little in the way of high production value here. It works fine but, the app reminds us of something from Android 2.3 and the assets really could do with being updated to suit high resolution displays. No matter what though, for a free this is a nice bit of fun.
- Speed (4/5) – Fart Sound Free runs quickly, and there’s no slowdowns when using the app at all.
- Features (3/5) – If features such as the fart grenade and the phone lock were better thought out and a little more polished, it’d stand out a little more.
- Theme (3/5) – The assets used in the app aren’t of the best quality and overall, this feels like an app from Android 2.3.
- Overall (3.5/5) – All-in-all, Fart Sound Free is a fun free app but, there’s little that helps it stands out from other apps out there.
- Being able to play a tune in farts using the piano feature is pretty amusing.
- It’s both easy and quick to get access to your favorite farts.
- Phone locker is a funny trick to play on your friends.
- Fart apps are a little low brow these days but, they’re still funny for sure.
- Doesn’t look all that great on high resolution displays.
- Variety of fart apps on offer sound very similar to one another.
Conclusion: At the end of the day, Fart Sound Free is a decent enough app that’s completely free and can give us a few more laughs when we’re out with friends or just looking to amuse ourselves. It is a shame that the app doesn’t look great on high resolution displays but it is a free app and it is quite funny. All-in-all, this is not an app that’s going to appeal everyone but, it can put a smile on your face at the end of a hard day.