Description: My Backup Pro is a complete solution to backing up all of your data from your Android device. Whether it's the major things such as your apps, photos and music or more mundane items such as call logs, My Backup Pro does it all. While there are many options already available out there, few of them bring all the same features into one app. If you want to backup on a schedule, you can with this app for Android and if you want to take advantage of root access, you can with this app. In other words, if you want something backing up, My Backup Pro will let you back it up. With over 3 Million users, My Backup Pro allows you to backup Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, APNs and more. Take a look at their trailer below:
How it Works: To get started with My Backup you'll first need to download the app from the Play Store. There's a free version to try as well as a Pro version that features a lot more features. Getting started is really simple, just launch the app and you'll be asked for a password, which only really relates to your online backups.
If you have root access on your device, you can grant My Backup extra privileges but don't worry if you don't, it's not a requirement and you can still enjoy the vast majority of what the app offers you.
Once you've gotten through all of the notices and such, you'll be greeted with the main menu screen, which is clean and easy to use.
The first thing you're likely to do is to perform your first backup, from there the app will ask you what you want to backup.
You can further refine your choices as well.
Once you've picked what you want to backup, you'll be asked to name your backup:
For those looking for an easier way to handle backups, you can schedule them so you don't forget:
Users can use My Backup Pro to transfer data from one phone to another, great if you've just upgraded. To take a look at how to do that, just watch the video below:
Opinion: As a discerning Android user, I rely on backups to make the switch from one device to another really easy. Titanium Backup and other apps are normally what I use but, My Backup can do it all in one app, even things like text messages and your call logs. If you have root access, you get access to the same sort of functionality as specialty apps but, you definitely don't need it to get access to most of the app's features. All-in-all, I feel that it's one of the more complete Backup apps out there and the fact that it doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't, makes it even easier to use.
- Speed (4/5) - Backing things up was pretty quick and the app itself runs nicely.
- Features (5/5) - There's very little that My Backup can't do so, it's suffice to say that My Backup does it all.
- Theme (4/5) - Stock Android is at work here and that makes for a familiar and very usable app that's not too shabby looking, either.
- Overall (4.5/5) - With just a little more polish and user-friendliness My Backup would be the default app on Android but, for those that know what they're doing this is brilliant.
- Offers those with root access the extras they've become accustomed to.
- Easy and straightforward to use but, offers advanced features at the same time.
- Doesn't just backup photos and music, it backs up everything from apps to call logs, to messages.
- Scheduling feature is great for those that would otherwise forget to perform a backup.
- Cost for pro version might be considered steep for some.
- A tutorial for completely new users would be a real nice touch.
Conclusion: My Backup is one of the best Android apps out there when it comes to making sure your data is safe and taken care of. It offers advanced features that root users can take advantage of but, at the same time it doesn't stipulate it as a requirement. Regular users are able to get access to a wide range of backup options, you can even schedule backups, too! All-in-all, there's so much on offer that the best way to find out if it offers you features that you want, is to just go ahead and download the app and give it a try. Chances are, it'll do more than what you want it to.