Zagat Gets updated for Android
Zagat updated their Android app this week. Bringing a new layout for tablets, more locations including New Jersey, Miami, Houston and Long Island, along with easy access to Zagat ratings and reviews right from the Home screen, shopping and hotel ratings and reviews, Google Street view panoramas, and numerous bug fixes and improvements. Not bad for a new update.
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
Yelp Gets updated as well
Yelp also updated their app earlier this week. Not a huge update, but still an update nonetheless:
– Ever wanted to zero-in on a specific phrase within reviews? Tap “More Reviews” on any business page, pull down on the list, and enter a query in the new review search box!
– Happy holidays from the Yelp Android team!
Update to Google Play Books Allows you To Upload your own Books
This week’s update to Google Play Books allows you to upload your own books as EPUB or PDF files now, as well as a few other changes. Let’s check out the full changelog below:
– Books open more quickly and smoothly.
– Upload EPUB or PDF files to your library from your phone or tablet. From email or Downloads, touch the file to open it and choose Upload to Play Books.
– Improved look and feel of highlights and notes.
– Lower brightness settings, for better reading in low light.
– Read any book in landscape view.
– Dismiss recommended books in Read Now.
– Additional improvements in performance, stability and accessibility.
Twitter for Android Gets Updated
This week Twitter took the beta version of their Android app and made it the stable version, as well as adding the ability to add pictures and videos into DMs (Direct Messages). A lot of people aren’t happy with the design change. I don’t see the big deal, although I’ve been using the beta for quite some time so that could be the reason why.
Nova Launcher v2.3 Hits the Play Store, Leaving Beta
For a while, if you wanted to use Nova Launcher on KitKat and wanted to keep the transparent notification and navigation bar, you had to opt into the beta version. Well on Tuesday, Nova pushed the beta version to the stable version and into the Play Store. Which includes the transparent status and navigation bar as well as a ton of other changes.
Viber updates to v4.1
This week, Viber also got updated to version 4.1, and now enables users to make calls to Landlines and mobile phones via ‘Viber Out’. It makes it easier for those that want to call outside the US, however it’s not free to call outside the US. So you’ll want to look into Viber Out before calling up someone in another country.