Desccription: Lines! is a digital reimagining of a game you might have played while you were younger, Pick Up Sticks. This time around though, you're tapping stick instead of picking them up and all sorts of game modes and power-ups have been added. This is Pick Up Sticks for the 21st Century and if you're not careful, you could quickly become addicted to the game. In Lines! for Android, you're tasked with tapping the right line, with modes such as Arcade, Time Attack and Minesweeper pushing you to pick the right line, post a high score and more. This is an easy game for those both young and old to take to and it doesn't take long to figure out exactly how to play, either.
How it Works: To start tapping those lines, you'll first have to head on over to the Play Store, once you've done that you can get started.
There are a number of different game modes to choose from:
If you're looking to get a feel for the game at first, just try out the Arcade mode. When you do, you'll be given some quick tips on how to play.
After that, it's pretty straightforward, all you need do is tap the line that appear on top of the rest and go from there. In Arcade mode, you need to tap certain lines more than once.
Once the game is up, you'll be given a score.
Of course, that's not too high a score, and so you'll continue to post higher and higher scores:
Seeing as those high scores are probably going to be important to you, it's great to see that Lines! is compatible with Google Play Games. Allowing you to share high scores and achievements with friends.
Which means you can start comparing your scores against people all over the world:
Opinion: While I'm a pretty big gamer, I tend to keep things to the PC or my Xbox, as such I don't enjoy console games being brought down to mobile, with fiddly controls and storylines we've heard so many times before. Which is why I really took a shine to Lines!, it might not look it but, it's well suited to mobile and is a great game to play on a tablet. The gameplay is simple and addictive, yet challenging at the same time. What I really like about Lines! is that it puts you up your against yourself, you're challenging yourself to pick the right line, to survive a little longer, to not make mistakes. That's the reason you'll be playing Lines! time and time again. It's a game I'll keep installed to play when I'm at my wit's end and I need a little escape to get away from it all.
- Speed (4/5) - Gameplay is fast and frantic, or slow and precise - it's up to you! The game runs well on tablets and smartphones.
- Features (5/5) - On the surface, it's a very simple game but, when playing it you simply won't care how simple it is, because you'll be more likely hooked.
- Theme (4/5) - The graphics look good, and it's easy enough to tell which line is on top of all the others, so long as you take the time to look that is.
- Overall (4/5) - If you're not interested in fiddly controls and console games squished into your phone, then Lines! presents itself as an addictive and simple alternative.
- Anyone can play Lines!, there's little to learn before playing and it's very easy to pick up.
- You can play as fast and frantic as you like, or take your time to not get caught out.
- The game runs great on smartphones and tablets alike, making Lines! a fun game at home or on the go.
- Different game modes, like Time Attack and Minesweep help to keep things fresh.
- It's a relatively simple game at its heart.
- More game modes and multiplayer would be nice to see.
Conclusion: While Lines! isn't a perfect game, it certainly is a whole lot of fun. They say in life, the simple things are the best and when it comes to games, that statement still holds true. Lines! is incredibly simple to play but, it's also a whole lot of fun. You can play as frantically or as precise as you like, making the real challenge beating yourself. Can you survive much longer? How long can you last without selecting the wrong line? All of these things are challenges for yourself, creating a game that gets in your head and makes you want to do even better. To keep on beating that high score. It's a difficult thing to achieve in a game, after all even those of us that play Call of Duty competitively want to do better and better but, it's easy to walk away from it. With Lines!, you'll be cursing yourself each and every time you press the wrong line and it's so simple that you'll be hooked in a matter of minutes.