Description: Broken Ball is a mix of different genres together, puzzle, RPG and more. Essentially, the story goes that you’ve woken up on a broken spaceship as a ball and you need to explore the spaceship to learn more about what and why you’re doing on the ship. Predominantly, this is a puzzle game that relies of quick wit and a knowledge of how the ball moves according to the physics included in the game. It’s essentially a sci-fi game for fans of puzzle games and it works well on both phones and tablets. This isn’t your quintessential, exciting 3D game on Android but, more of a game for those looking for more about brains than beauty.
How it Works: Once you’ve downloaded the game from the Play Store, you’ll be introduced to the story of what you’re doing on this spaceship.
The game will tell how you go through level to level, giving you an idea of where to start.
Completing your first few levels should be relatively easy for new players.
However, in the later stages of the game, you’re looking at more difficult levels.
If you’re struggling as you go through the levels, you can use some of the powerups available:
At the end of each level, you’re given a rating of well you’ve done, allowing you to replay the levels to get a better score:
Opinion: I’m a big gamer but, I often prefer to play very different games on mobile devices. Playing a console game with tocuhscreen controls is not a lot of fun at all, which is why Broken Ball is a lot of fun. You have to place barriers on the play area using by drawing them on your screen, placing them in the right place will help to guide the ball to the level’s goal. It’s a pretty simple game mechanic but, it’s a lot of fun once you get used to it and you’ll have to make sure you pay close attention or you could fail the levels.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs fine on both Android smartphones and tablets, the pacing is steady but also challenging.
- Features (3.5/5) – While the puzzle aspect of the game is a lot of fun, there’s not much to the RPG or other elements of the game.
- Theme (3.5/5) – The graphics here won’t appeal to those used to lavish 3D affairs but, they paint a grungy sci-fi feel and with an active imagination, you’ll really take to the look and feel of Broken Ball.
- Overall (3.5/5) – Broken Ball is not a game for those used to the lavish 3D graphics of others but, fans of puzzle games and sci-fi should really enjoy this.
- Pacing is well-suited to those that enjoy using their heads when playing games.
- While the graphics aren’t stunning, they do help paint a bleak atmosphere that the game relies on.
- Puzzle elements are a whole lot of fun, and there’s no reason not to try the game.
- Sci-fi fans will really enjoy the game and they’ll play level-after-level.
- Graphics could do with a little work.
- RPG and exploration elements could do with a little more development.
Conclusion: Broken Ball is a good game, but it’s not one for those more used to the 3D games available on Android these days. Those looking for a sci-fi puzzle game on the other hand should take to the game and it’s easy to get to grips with. It’s clear that the game is a work in progress and it’ll be getting better from here on out. Overall, Broken Ball is a fun game, it just needs a little more work to become something more than just another puzzle game. It’s easy to pickup and play, has some interesting elements and can only get better from here on out.