Description: As the name suggests, Rental Property Manager is an Android app that can be used to stay on to of your properties or apartments that you're currently renting out, or those that you hope to rent out in the future. This is a one-stop app to keep on top of renting your properties, from expenses including mileage and rental costs of your own, Rental Property Manager helps you keep on top of it all. You can even export your reports for use in Excel, making Rental Property Manager one more tool in your budgeting arsenal. The app is chock full of features that landlords would need, such as being able to mass e-mail or text your tenants and more.
How it Works: First off, you need to download the app from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you'll need to set up a property by entering info into the right boxes.
Once you've set up your properties including rooms, appliances and utilities, you can take a look at them all to get a quick glance about them. Note that you can add multi-Unit properties such as buildings:
From the main menu, you can access a number of tasks:
Running the report is great because you can then edit the reports and develop them in Excel.
You can call tenants, e-mail them or text them from within the app, making changes to the agreement or works notices real easy to deal with. You can include contract dates and security deposits.
You can add rents to be collected and set reminders on them including frequent ones. Partial rent collection and late fees are possible.
You can add different type of expenses along with a reminder to pay them so you never miss a deadline and your finances are up to date.
Financial reports are a great way to get a quick update on the go, too.
Opinion: Rental Property Manager is a great app for those that have either just started in the property business or you've been at for years. The app might not be the best looking around but, it's perfectly functional and provides users will all the tools they need to keep on top of their finances on the go. You can manage multiple properties and the best thing is you can export the data to an XLS file, making tax returns that little bit easier. Being able to keep a record of all your expenses is a great touch, too. This way you can really keep on top of your budget when doing up a new property to rent out.
- Speed (4/5) – The app runs fine and as long as you know what's what when it comes to properties, you'll be able to get up and running in no time.
- Features (5/5) – It might not look the part but, Rental Property Manager has all of the tools you need to keep on top of your rental finances. Including the ability to take these data and bring it into Excel.
- Theme (3/5) – The UI here feels quite dated and could do with a fresh coat of paint but, at the end of the day it's perfectly functional and usable.
- Overall (4/5) – When it comes down to it, Rental Property Manager is a good app that works well and can really help users out.
- Data can be exported to Excel, allowing you to further detail your accounts on the Desktop.
- It's easy to keep track of rent, expenses and mileage while using a mobile app like this.
- You can easily contact your tenants through the app.
- Users don't have to be super-accountants to make the most of the app, it's pretty straightforward to begin with.
- The UI of the app appears dated and could do with updating.
- A quick tutorial on some of the more advanced features of the app would be welcome.
Conclusion: Rental Property Manager is a great way to take care of numerous properties and their finances, it's quick and easy. Best of all, it lets you manage more advanced things such as mileage, expenses and more. The fact that you can export to Excel is really handy too, making this one of those apps you wondered how you ever lived without. The UI might not be as flashy as some other apps but, it gets the job done and all of the app's features are easy to find and easy to use. You don't have to be a super-accountant to work Rental Property Manager, everything is pretty straightforward, leaving users able to input figures on the go and get a quick look at how their properties are doing. You can download a free version on the Play Store to see if you like the app.