Platformers are one of video games most beloved genres. They're a classic game style that delivers hours of enjoyment to fans and you just can't help but love the simplistic nature of a platformer. At least a retro platformer. Monster Robot Studios HEAVY sword is inspired by classic retro platformers and has all the charm with none of the frustration of having to blow on the cartridge.
In HEAVY sword you assume the role of the young hero Pike, and embark on a quest to save the Princess Lucinda before its too late. Yet another classic feature of old school platformers, saving the princess is your duty.You must overcome obstacle after obstacle if you're going to rescue her from an untimely demise. There are plenty of enemies who stand in your way from goblins to robot knights, and don't forget about the wizards. There's always wizards. you must risk your life through many a danger if you will be victorious.
Fear not though young Pike, it is the ridiculously humongous "Heavy Sword" that you will end up wielding that can help you forge a path to save the day. Experience loads of excitement across tons of levels and adorn yourself with lavish power ups to help boost your awesome hero abilities. There are game center achievements to unlock as well as special in game extras like a memory match card game.
Controls in HEAVY sword are nothing if not easy to pick up. You have a simple four button layout comprised of left and right arrow buttons for movement and B, A for jumps and attacks. Its games like this one that really make gaming on Android enjoyable, especially for those of us that grew up with 16 bit graphics and can obtain a little bit of nostalgia with a retro styling. HEAVY sword is on currently on sale right now for the Thanksgiving weekend special price of $0.99. Do not delay in picking this game up because you will regret it later for possibly many hours. Until you give in and buy it anyway days later at the higher price once the sale is over.
Android Retro Game Of The Wee: HEAVY Sword
Copyright ©2019 Android Headlines. All Rights Reserved
You May Like These
More Like This:
About the Author
Justin has written for Android Headlines since 2012 and currently adopts a Games Editor role with a specific focus on mobile gaming and game-streaming services. Prior to the move to Android Headlines Justin spent almost eight years working directly within the wireless industry. Contact him at [email protected]
- You (Probably) Can't Buy Samsung's Olympic Games Edition Galaxy S10+
- AT&T Defends Selling Your Location Data To The Highest Bidder
- Google Pixel 3a Is Available From Amazon & Comes With A $100 Gift Card
- Verizon Thinks "Tens Of Thousands" Of People Will Buy Its $1300 5G Smartphone
- 'Minecraft Earth' Announced: Like Pokemon GO, But Way More Awesome
- Spotify Prepares To Launch Its Most Unimaginatively Named Products Yet
- Google's Updates To 'Works With Nest' Are About Simplicity
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2019) Review: The Best Windows Laptop Available Right Now
- The ASUS Zenfone 6 Camera Will Make You Flip
- Sony's Stunning Xperia 1 Is Overpriced & Coming To The US On July 12
- Sony Not Holding Back: Video Reveals Xperia 20 Design
- Gorgeous Huawei Mate 30 Concept Appears With Odd Camera Setup
- Samsung Keen To Improve Galaxy Note10 5G's Battery Capacity
- OnePlus 6 Series Not Getting OnePlus 7 (Pro)'s Nightscape 2.0 Mode
- Samsung May Embrace Gradient Color Craze With The Galaxy Note10
We Are Hiring Apply Now