The Playstation 4 is getting ready to launch soon. Sony has also announced that they have a companion app for the PS4 that will be launching on Android and iOS. The companion app has a ton of great features, and the app will basically act like a hub of sorts which will tie together the Playstation Network, PS Vita, Playstation 3, and the Playstation 4. As well as link directly to the Playstation website as well as the the store.
Here are some of the other Playstation 4 Companion app features:
1) Directly access various PSN features and information
* Users can access their own profile screen.
* Users can access/compare their own and friends' Trophy accomplishments.
* Exchange messages between PS4 systems, PlayStation 3 systems, PlayStation Vita systems, and mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.
* Access and filter friend profiles.
* Notify users about their friends' shared activities on "What's New".
* Notify PS4 users when they receive any new notifications or game invitations. Users can also display their lists of game items.
2) Browse the official PlayStation website and access information
* Users can access the PlayStation official website to browse through news, blogs and game information. The language and content of the website will depend on the country the user's Sony Entertainment Network account is registered.
3) PS4 Second Screen Feature
* Users can install PlayStation App on to their mobile devices to use as a second screen in supported games. For example on THE PLAYROOM, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStation Camera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.
4) Spectate other PS4 users' gameplay
* When users' friends upload or begin live streaming their gameplay on PS4 systems, the friends' activities are displayed on "What's New" of the PlayStation App screen. When users tap on this notification, they can boot pre-installed applications, such as browsers, to spectate the uploaded gameplay. Users can also post comments on gameplay screenshots, footage and live streams.
5) Purchase game content on PlayStation Store
* Users can purchase game content while away from home and download it directly onto their PS4, PS3, and PS Vita systems.
6) Use a mobile device as a simple remote to control the PS4 system
* Once installed, users can use their PlayStation App to control their PS4 system as long as both devices have access to the same Wi-Fi access point. For example, users can switch their PS4 system to standby mode, startup their PS4 system from standby mode, and use their mobile phone as a keyboard for their PS4 system
The Playstation 4 should be coming out around November 13th in the US. Although we don't have a specific release date yet. How many of you are picking up a Playstation 4? Or are you opting for the Xbox One?