According to LG's press release, the LG G Pro Lite will satisfy the needs of the "practical smartphone users" that desire a larger display. Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company said:
With LG G Pro Lite, we are introducing a competitive device to the masses in the growing large smartphone market. The market for smartphones with displays over five inches will continue to grow and LG is in a great position to capture these new customers when they're ready to move up from their current phones.Advertisement
- Processor: MT6577 1.0 GHz Dual Core
- Display: 5.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels)
- Network: 3G (HSDPA: 7.2Mbps / HSUPA: 5.76Mbps)
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, MicroSD
- Camera: Rear 8.0MP BSI / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 3,140 mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Size: 150.2 x 76.9 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 161g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB2.0, A-GPS, Wi-Fi Direct
- Colors: Black, White
The LG G Pro Lite even comes with a Stylus Pen (stored in the top of the phone) to expand the capabilities of the smartphone – allowing quick and accurate handwriting recognition. For entertainment purposes, the G Pro Lite is equipped with dual speakers, providing excellent sound for movie watching or gaming. The smartphone even is equipped with a Dual SIM feature allowing the user to easily switch between the two SIMs.
The LG G Pro Lite also comes packed with the many UX features found in its premium G series, the G Pro and G2:
- KnockON – powers up the phone with two taps of the display.
- Pause and Resume Recording – allows you to record short snippets of video, but view them as one continuous file.
- QSlide – allows you to control up to three different apps in one window.
- QuickMemo – users can quickly jot down a note or memo without leaving the current application.
- QTranslator – instantly translates words and sentences from images captured with the camera.
LG G Pro Lite will make its world debut this month in Latin America followed by markets in Asia, Russia, China, India and the Middle East. Although no pricing was released, with these specs and where the phone is headed, it should be priced moderately.