Description: Toss a Boss is a cheeky and fun new twist on the classic Whack-a-Mole game that we’ve all played. Temp workers that have ever worked in an office environment will relate to the game as the game focuses on a fired employee getting their own back. It’s a fun game that plays well. Certainly, this is a game more aimed at casual gamers but, there’s nothing wrong with that and it’s a lot of fun casual gamers and those looking to vent some steam after a long day at the office.
How it Works: First of all, you’ll have to download the game from the Play Store. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to play. The free version of the game is complete ad-free but, it’ll stop when the score gets to 300 or you miss a boss. That’s much better than having to deal with ads we think.
It’s worth taking a look at the help section, to see which members of staff were horrible to you and need whacking, and which don’t. Otherwise, you might find yourself losing a lot of points.
After that all you have to do is whack the bad employees that pop up one by one.
That’s pretty much all there is to it. If you like this sort of gameplay, you’ll enjoy Toss a Boss. However, keeping your job may prove harder than you first thought.
Opinion: Anyone that’s worked in an office environment will know that there are certain politics at play. You’ll have your friends but, ultimately your enemies will often decide your fate. When playing the game, your friends are safe and you shouldn’t hit them but, your enemies are free game and there’s nothing wrong with giving them a fair old whack. It’s a little disappointing that the backdrop for the game hasn’t been thought of a little more but, it’s fine once you get used it. For disgruntled office workers everywhere, this could be a good game to releases some steam playing.
- Speed (4/5) – Toss a Boss runs well and the pacing of the game is pretty good.
- Features (3.5) – Unfortunately, this is the same game as Whack-a-Mole has always been but, with just a different skin.
- Theme (3.5/5) – Overall, things look pretty good but, it is a shame that the background is very cluttered and looks more like clipart than anything else.
- Overall (3.5/5) – The core gameplay is pretty good and the concept is a fun new take but, overall this is just another coat of paint on top of classic Whack-a-Mole.
- The core gameplay is a lot of fun and can be addictive.
- Disgruntled office workers everywhere will love this.
- Simple and easy controls for everyone to get used to.
- Anyone who has played Whack-a-Mole can play Toss a Boss.
- Doesn’t really add anything to the original gameplay of Whack-a-Mole.
- The background used in the levels isn’t all that great.
Conclusion: While the core gameplay at work here is very good, it’s nothing out of the ordinary, at least when talking about games based on Whack-a-Mole. However, for disgruntled office workers everywhere, this is a nice bit of fun after a hard day’s work or, heaven forbid, you’ve lost your job. We wish that the graphics used to create the backdrop were better thought of but, the setting works well enough. Overall, this is a game that’s squarely aimed at casual gamers and you know what? That’s perfectly fine. It’s a fun enough game that needs some work to its graphics but, otherwise this is a fine game. Especially when you consider that you can play the game for free with no ads getting in your way.