Description: We all know how the legendary city of Atlantis came to sink into the ocean but, what about those that managed to escape the city? Well, Rope Escape Atlantis puts you in their shoes and tasks you with escaping the city in this arcade game for Android. It’s the sequel to the popular Rope Escape that came before it. By swinging your rope from pillar to pillar as the city come crumbling down around you, you have to keep on going for as long as you can. Collecting coins on the way you’ll be able to unlock more characters and even some upgrades to make things a little easier. With great use of physics while swinging along and an emphasis on having to get the right timing, Rope Escape Atlantis is a great game for the younger audience or casual gamers looking for something a little more simple.
How it Works: To start your escape from the city, you’ll have to download the game from the Play Store. After that, you can watch a fun intro to set the scene.
Your balloon ride out of the city hasn’t quite gone to plan…
That remaining piece of rope however, is your ticket out of here. You’ll use this to swing from pillar to pillar in attempt to flee the city. The game will tell you exactly how to control your character:
The control scheme is pretty simple; all you have to do is tap to launch a rope, tap to let go and then tap again to launch another rope. All you have to do is repeat this process if you want to escape the city alive.
Coins are important to collect as you progress from level to level. The more coins you collect, the more upgrades or characters you can unlock. Don’t fall into the ocean, as this could end your run for you.
If you fall into the water and you don’t have any lives left, this will be the end of your level and you’ll be given a look at your progress.
At the end of the level, you can spend your coins on unlocks or more.
When you level up throughout the game, you’ll be able to spend more of your coins on unlocks.
Opinion: Rope Escape Atlantis is a lot of fun, it’s just a shame that it can become a little repetitive. For younger and casual audiences however, this shouldn’t be a problem and you can add some coins to the game to get some more upgrades and play as different characters. The simple yet addictive gameplay is fun and the physics seem pretty realistic for a game like this. There’s also a certain level of challenge included, making Rope Escape Atlantis a fairly challenging game that will keep gamers on their toes. The game relies on in-app purchases. While you can collect coins while playing, the ratio compared to how many you need to purchase an upgrade is a little skewed. In fact, if you’re really looking to get ahead, then you need to buy some coins, thankfully this isn’t too expensive.
- Speed (4/5) – The game runs well and animations are nice and fluid.
- Features (4/5) – It’s core gameplay is pretty simple, and perhaps not all that original but, it is a lot of fun and the setting and artwork are all nice to look at.
- Theme (4/5) – The artwork here is good-looking and the animations are fluid and the whole game flows well.
- Overall (4/5) – With some additional gameplay features and a better balance when it comes to coins, Rope Escape Atlantis would be a brilliant game.
- Fun gameplay will appeal to younger audiences and casual gamers alike.
- There are a number of characters to choose from as well as upgrades, too.
- Works well on tablets as well, thanks to a simple tap control scheme.
- Good-looking artwork helps sell the unique setting.
- It doesn’t seem like you can earn enough coins to purchase upgrades etc, leading you to spend real money on coins.
- More than one character to start with would be nice.
Conclusion: Rope Escape Atlantis is a fun game. Sure, it can get a little repetitive after a while but, for the most part it’s a quick and easy game that younger players and casual gamers can get into easily. With some good-looking artwork and fluid animation, it looks good on both smartphones and tablets. With some tweaks to the balance between the amount of coins earned in-game and the amount needed for character unlocks and upgrades, it would be easier for casual gamers to get into the game. Younger audiences should find the simple control scheme easy to get to grips with and enjoy. Those looking for something quick and easy to play will be pleasantly surprised by Rope Escape Atlantis.