Description: Pudding Pop is a fun and simple puzzle game that features familiar gameplay at a fast pace. This is a game that's suitable for the younger audience, thanks to cute pudding graphics and easy gameplay to get used to. Pudding Pop is a fun pickup and play game that quickly becomes addictive. While it might seem like most other puzzle games on the surface, there are a few things making Pudding Pop a slightly different puzzle game but, for the most part this is just another puzzle game.
How it Works: To start saving those puddings, you'll have to download the game from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you'rel ready to play.
There are two types of gameplay mode in Pudding Pop, Classic and Freeze. Classic is like a marathon-mode, where you can keep on going as much as you like.
Playing the game is simple, all you have to do is to match the puddings in groups of more than one. When you do that, the grid will change and your score will increase.
Certain puddings will help you achieve higher scores.
While playing through levels, you can level up as you progress. Penguins will come out and help you as you play, often helping you collect more puddings at a time.
Classic mode is more of the same but, you get graded at the end of every level.
Opinion: I'm a big fan of puzzle games in general but, Pudding Pop just didn't seem to grab my attention. Or at least, not for very long. Pudding Pop is a fast-paced game that's very easy to play but, there's very little that makes the game stand out. Aside from its cute graphics and fast-paced gameplay, there just isn't that much here. However, what is easy to say about Pudding Pop is that it's perfect for little ones that want to play games but, don't want to be frustrated. With easy gameplay and engaging graphics, this is a good game for kids. It can quite addictive, too. If there were only something more than just frantic gameplay to this, it might be easier to recommend to anyone other than parents.
- Speed (4/5) - The gameplay is frantic and the game itself runs fine on most devices.
- Features (3/5) - Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much here besides the frantic gameplay and fun graphics. Which is a shame because it can be quite fun.
- Theme (4/5) - For the younger audience, these visuals are engaging and like something out of a cartoon book. The cute puddings look funny and will bring a smile to kids' faces.
- Overall (3.5/5) - With some more gameplay worked into the levels, Pudding Pop would be a game people kept on playing but, as it stands this is almost a little forgettable.
- Pudding Pop is a fast and frantic game, a lot unlike other puzzle games.
- Fun and engaging characters will keep younger audiences engaged.
- Fast-paced gameplay is great for those not interested in a real brain-puzzler, and something a little more casual.
- Anyone can pick-up and play Pudding Pop, making it a great game to get people started with puzzlers.
- Gameplay can become repetitive after a while.
- Some more power-ups would be welcome.
Conclusion: Pudding Pop certainly isn't one of the better puzzle games out there but, it is a lot of fun. Which is a good thing considering younger players will be flocking to such a title. After all, the cute and engaging characters will have your little ones clamoring for more. While the gameplay can become a little samey after a while, the fast-paced action is a lot of fun. There's something to be said of the cute puddings in the game as well, they're cute to look at and will certainly appeal to younger players. Overall, Pudding Pop is a game that a lot of kids will find fun, it's just a shame there isn't more to the frantic matching gameplay.