Description: Guess What's Under is a free game for Android, that's both great for kids and adults. However, it's main target audience is obviously younger children. It's colorful, easy to play, challenging and can really help reinforce young players' short-term memory. It can also be played with an adult telling them the names of the items to help with word association, to broaden their vocabulary. Overall though, Guess What's Under is just a lot of fun!
How it Works: First of all, you'll have to download the game from the Play Store. After that, you'll be told how to play:
You'll start with a grid like this and then you'll have to press the numbers to clear the board. Once you feel like you've cleared the board, you can press one of the items below to guess that they're there.
When you guess at an item, and guess correctly, it'll clear that part of the grid.
At the end of each grid you've completed, it'll display the contents:
If you're really good at the game, you could end up creating a new high score, which is lots of fun to try and beat over and over again.
Opinion: I'm a pretty big gamer myself, whether it's on Android, 3DS or on PC - I'll play anything. I'm also somewhat intelligent - not to blow my own trumpet or anything. So, you would think that such a game would be too easy for me, and I'd find no fun in it whatsoever. That's not the case at all, as both myself and my girlfriend have been playing it for hours, trying to beat each other's high scores. It's a lot of fun, thanks to the simple yet addictive gameplay and colorful, inviting interface. What's Under is great for kids, too. You can pause at any moment, giving a parent the opportunity to tell the kids what the items are, broadening their vocabulary and then making the game about quickfire word association.
- Speed (4/5) - What's Under runs great - especially on tablets - and the gameplay is fast and fun.
- Features (4/5) - No matter how old you are, What's Under is simple and addictive. Of course, younger players are more likely to find the game a challenge.
- Theme (5/5) - Thanks to the colorful graphics, easy to read numbers and great cartoon drawings, it's easy for kids to play and the older audience to find inviting.
- Overall (4/5) - Even if you're 20 odd, What's Under is a lot of fun but, it's best to sit down with the little ones and have some fun together with this one.
- Colorful and inviting graphics makes What's Under a game everyone can easily enjoy.
- It can be used to teach kids a number of things, timing, word association and even short-term memory.
- Easy to pick-up and play, there's no barrier of entry with this one.
- Even older players will find some fun in What's Under.
- Some sort of power-up included would be great.
- A more difficult mode for older players for parents could create a family competition of sorts.
Conclusion: What's Under can be used to teach kids a lot of things. How best to manage time, short-term memory, word association and just generally sharpen their minds up. However, what's most important about What's Under is that it's a lot of fun - no matter how old you are. If the score were a little more balanced between older and younger players, the game could easily create a healthy competition among the family. As it stands though, it's a lot of fun that parents can use to connect with their kids and help strengthen their minds. What's Under is a lot of fun and you shouldn't be ashamed of playing it in your 20s - I am, and I love it!