Description: In a nutshell, Tooyoou is an Android app that can help you earn cash or gift cards for your favorite stores. How you can do that is by generating points by giving up a small space on your smartphone or tablet's homescreen, clicking on ads, installing apps, watching videos and more. It might sound like an inconvenience but, Tooyoou is designed in such a way that things don't need to be any more complicated.
How it Works: To get started, you'll have to download the app from the Play Store. After that, you can watch this video to understand what the app offers and a quick look at how it works.
Your billboard is essentially a widget that you place on your homescreen, that features an ad and information about your account. Everything is opt-in with Tooyoou, by removing the widget from your homescreen, you opt-out. It looks like this:
Inside of the app, you'll see ads that might interest you. Not every ad offers points however, those that do will get you 20% of Tooyoou's revenue. As you might expect, clicking the same ad more than once, or re-installing an app will not earn you any more points. Often these are Android apps, which you can install to gain points.
To customize these ads, you need to head to the Your Choice section of the app. Here, you can choose what you want to see, and what you don't want to see. Tooyoou will also send push notifications to your device, too. Which you can easily opt-out of in the settings.
Of course, it all comes down to the points that you earn from dealing with ads, installing apps or watching videos etc. These points can be transferred to cash or gift cards, from the Points2Cash part of the app. To do this, you'll need a PayPal account, which will be credited every 30 days as long as you have accrued $5.00 or more in points. You can transfer to gift cards once you have 2500 or more points. 1000 Tooyoou points will get you $0.10 in cash and you can spin the Tooyoou wheel at the Tooyoou website.
Don't forget to refer your friends, either. Inviting others is a good way of earning some more points and they might not be aware of the service, either.
Opinion: For me, Tooyoou isn't something that I would invest too much time in but, thanks to the ability to choose which categories you like, Tooyoou doesn't have to be a bore. There are ads all over the Internet, so why not earn a little money out of them – like they do out of you? It's a simple and easy process to setup and even if you only deal with a few ads a day when you have a spare minute, you'll end up with a gift card before you know it. Better yet, you can transfer these points into cash and, in this climate, we all know that every little helps.
- Speed (4/5) – Everything is pretty quick here and it doesn't get in your way – you call the shots here.
- Features (5/5) – An application that gives you money for dealing with ads? What isn't there to love?
- Theme (4/5) – The app looks good enough and everything is broken up to make it as easy as possible.
- Overall (4/5) – While obviously not for everyone, if you like discovering new things and don't mind ads – this can be a way of earning a little extra on the side.
- You can choose what sort of ads you want to see, making this less irksome.
- Most people don't use all of their available screens so, what's one more widget?
- Apps you come across might actually interest you, making the points and cash an added bonus.
- Tooyoou is certainly not pushy, making this a relative breeze to use compared to other apps like it.
- Those who dislike ads won't take to this much better.
- More points being awarded for clicks and installs would be nice but, everything is relative.
Conclusion: When writing about Tooyoou, we can't help but think about the ads that Amazon ships with their Kindle Fire tablets – what do they give back to you? Now, the ads on the Kindle Fire might save you some money at purchase but, they're intrusive and don't offer anything else back to you. With Tooyoou on the other hand, you can choose what sort of ads it is you want to see, give up a widget's worth of space and then you can start earning some points towards gift cards or cash. This isn;t just for consumers, either. Developers or advertisers can use Tooyoou to self-serve ads and perhaps get people turned on to their product, without getting thrown in with all the other ads on Android. Certainly, this isn't something for everyone but, everything adds up and if you work at it, you could be getting some very nice rewards, indeed.