Description: Pinnatta is an app and service for smartphones that allows you to send messages to friends, family and loved ones. You can think of these messages as interactive greeting cards. There's a vast selection of messages to choose from, covering a whole lot of ground from messages of love to simple invites or Happy Birthday greetings. Messages have different levels of interactivity, and you never know what you'll have to do with a message until you get it. Instead of just sending an SMS or an E-Mail with words, Pinnatta aims to help its users to send a feeling, too.
How it Works: To get started with Pinnatta, you'll have to head on over to the Play Store to download the app.
You can sign-up with either a normal e-mail address or connect with your Facebook account.
Once you've got your account set-up, you can then start looking for a message to send to someone. There's a whole lot of categories, as you can see:
You can take a look at a message and preview it before you send it.
You can go from having simple messages like the invite for coffee above, to something more interactive.
This message features music, which the recipient can mix and play around with. There are varying degrees of interaction with messages and you can change text to make it relevant to you.
Opinion: I've recently been turned on to Snapchat by some friends and I often use this for sending messages concerning invites and the like, but the camera on my device is pretty poor. Who wants to see grainy photos that really don't look too inviting? With Pinnatta the hard work is done for you and you can simply send a quality-looking message that you can personalize. Want to meet up for a coffee? Send an animated message, instead of having to find a cup of coffee to send a picture. Pinnatta is great for sending your love and wishing people Happy Birthday. The fact that the PC is completely taken out of the equation is great, too. With Pinnatta you can send a message no matter where you are, just as long as you have an Internet connection, obviously.
- Speed (4/5) – With Pinnatta, we're looking at a fast app that gets the job done as advertised, which is great. However, initial images can take some time to load when looking for messages.
- Features (5/5) – It might seem cliche but, there's a lot on offer here from Pinnatta. In life, they say it's the little things that count and here, those little details shine right though.
- Theme (4/5) – The theme here is obviously the colorful and animated messages that you can send to people and they all look very good. The app itself is easy to navigate and to get to grips with.
- Overall (4/5) – Offering a vast selection of greetings to send to your friends and family, Pinnatta is easy to use and can help you convey sentiment without any awkwardness or the need for a Snapchat.
- Vast array of differing messages on offer, with varying topics as well.
- Easy to use and to get to grips with – anyone can start using Pinnatta, even if they're not tech-savvy.
- You can choose how simple or animated a message you want to send.
- Messages aren't expensive, with some of being free.
- Sign-up can be difficult at first.
- For some, Snapchat is still perhaps an easier and quicker option.
Conclusion: You can think of Pinnatta as the digital evolution of the greeting card, and you should. There's nothing stopping you from choosing a more exciting message over a more traditional one and there's a whole lot to choose from. Pinnatta has a whole lot of messages on offer, covering subjects like invitations to coffee, drinks, Happy Birthday and of course, a raft of seasonal greetings. If you're looking for a less wasteful way to send someone a more personal greeting than an e-mail or SMS, then Pinnatta is today's answer to the greeting card. There's no need to send pieces of cardboard all around the world anymore.