Description: Facelook - Reality is a fun app for Android that uses a scientific algorithm to tell you how desirable you really are. Of course, this is more an app to have fun with, not to drive yourself into despair with. Using the front-facing camera on your device, the app will analyze your face and then work out just how attractive you really are. It will then give you a rank out of 10. It works on guys, too so, don't be too afraid to give this a try before you head out on that date. Facelook - Reality uses the Golden Ratio or Divine Proportion to analyze parts of your face, including things like symmetry to determine how good-looking you are. Thankfully, it takes your age into account so you won't have to worry about that. Certainly, this is not a serious app but, the developers know as much and this is just something to have fun with.
How it Works: To see just how attractive you really are, all you have to do is download the app from the Play Store. Once you've done that, you need to choose whether or not you're male or female.
After that you need to pick your age.
After that, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself:
Then it will start to analyze your features.
Once it's finished doing that, it will give you a rating out of 10.
Opinion: Out of my friend group, I'm the really technical one, who has the fun job of being a tech writer. So, for that reason my friends are always asking about new apps, games and which phone they should put on their Christmas list. Normally this sort of thing just annoys me but, after a few beers I'm inclined to have some fun with some apps. Facelook is one of those apps and I can see myself using this at the bar on a Friday night when I've long outstayed my welcome. That's the sort of app that Facelook is, it's a bit of fun that could bring folks together. Either that or, it might be a nice way to boost someone's confidence, or even your own!
- Speed (4/5) - Everything runs fine and the app analyzes your face quite quickly.
- Features (3/5) - With some added features, Facelook would be an app that you go back to all the time. As it stands though, it's one of those apps you're not going to use all the time.
- Theme (4/5) - The UI is fun and inviting, it suits the app very well and is easy to use. Perfect if you've had a few beers before hand.
- Overall (3.5/5) - Sure, Facelook might not be used everyday but, it can help to bring a smile to your face or even bring some laughs to you and your friends.
- It's easy to use and doesn't take too long.
- It might not be free but at $0.99 to be rid of ads - this is a great price.
- Could be a good way of boosting someone's confidence.
- A great little app to use while having fun with family and friends.
- Could do with some more features to keep it going.
- A funnny face-editor would be a perfect add-in feature for something like this.
Conclusion: Facelook - Reality, is a fun app to use while having fun with friends and family. Perhaps you can finally settle the argument of who's girlfriend is better looking? The ratings are fairly forgiving however, so this won't send you into a spiral of depression. Far from it in fact, as the app is perfect to mess around with after a few beers at the bar or spending time with family. It's the type of app that you'd love to use when you're looking for some lighthearted fun with these smartphones we're also raving about. At $0.99 to not deal with ads, it's a good buy as well. With some added features, the app would last longer but, as it stands it offers more than enough. Especially for the asking price.