Samsung is working on testing Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2. At least that’s the report we saw last week stated. Today, SamMobile got their hands on a fresh build of Android 4.3 for the Samsung Galaxy S4. This one is build I9505XXUEMI8. Which is means it’s for the I9505, which is the Unlocked European version, and not the US version. Although it should work on the US versions, since the hardware is essentially the same, I would be cautious before trying it out. In fact, I’d let other people be the guineapigs.
SamMobile is stating that they have been testing this Android 4.3 build for a few days now and they can say that it’s pretty stable and performance has received a significant boost. They say “it’s much faster and lag free” than Android 4.2.2 was. Those are SamMobile’s words not mine. Additionally, Samsung Knox works great but Samsung Wallet can’t be downloaded from Samsung’s servers at the moment. There’s also a new reading mode, which optimizes the screen for reading, of course only a few apps can use this feature. Many of the changes in this update are under the hood, along with a few minor UI changes, which were expected. SamMobile also states that this update has improved color reproduction of the display and text looks even sharper than previously.
Remember that this is a test build, so there will be bugs, but here’s the information regarding this build:
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
Product Code: OXA
Now how to install it:
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
– Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
– Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
– Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
We’ve got plenty of screenshots down below for you to check out as well, all courtesy of SamMobile.