There has been lots of talk about LG’s new flagship, the G2 of late, and understandably so – it will undoubtedly be a heavy hitter with the specs it is packing:
- 5.2-inch IPS LCD, Full HD 1920—1080 resolution display with 424 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor running 2.26GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations
- MicroSD card support up to 64GB
- 3000mAh removable battery
- 13MP rear facing camera with OIS, autofocus, LED flash, sapphire glass
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Android 4.2.2, Optimus UI
- LTE, LTE-Advanced, HSDPA, and GSM networks (CDMA compatible for Sprint and Verizon)
- Dimensions 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
- Available in Black and White
LG made the announcement that the G2 would make a September global rollout in the U.S. and Germany. The other day, T-Mobile made the announcement that it is launching the LG G2 online on September 18 and will be in stores on September 25, and if you are really sure you want to purchase the G2 on Sprint, you can pre-order right now. So it comes as no surprise that other carriers would be making their G2 announcements as well, and today we heard from Sprint.
Beginning today, Sprint and LG just announced that their new flagship phone, the LG G2, will be available “in time for the holidays” and that pre-orders begin on October 11 for $199.99 with a new two-year contract. Customers that pre-order will also receive the LG Quick Window case, a $49.99 value, for FREE, and everybody likes free stuff, right.
David Owens, vice president-Product Management and Logistics at Sprint said:
Continuing to raise the bar in Android innovation, we are thrilled to team up again with LG to bring another top-of-the-line device to our customers. LG G2 brings everything together in a device with a comfortable, functional, convenient and beautiful design. With the multitude of Android apps available for download, LG G2 and Sprint’s new Unlimited Guarantee plans make an ideal pair for today’s multimedia, multitasking lifestyles.
LG adds some interesting features to make your G2 experience more exciting and helpful with customizations such as:
- KnockON – instead of hitting a power button, simply tap twice on the display to wake the G2 from its sleep. It’s a nice convenience that goes hand-in-hand with Answer Me, which automatically answers calls when you put the phone to your ear.
- Slide Aside – allows users to do a three-finger gesture to “slide” open apps off the screen for multitasking.
- Text Link – another interesting idea, where the phone takes relevant text and inserts embeddable links to them in other apps.
- Guest Mode – also known as ‘Kid Mode,’ which allows another user to access the phone by drawing a different gesture on the lock screen with a secondary unlock pattern.
Let us know if you will be in line (or should I say, online) on October 11 to pre-order the LG G2 on Sprint and picking out your free, colorful, Quick Window case.