Sprint is the last major carrier to announce an availability for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear smartwatch on October 4. The Note 3 with a two year contract will set you back a disappointing $349.99, which is $50 more than the other carriers, and only available in Black or White...no Pink lady here. The price of the Gear is the same as other carriers at $299.99 and will be available in Jet Black, Oatmeal Beige, and Wild Orange. Sprints' release falls between AT&T and T-Mobile's October 1 and 2 dates, respectively, and Verizon's October 10 release date - which is a pleasant surprise from Big Red that generally falls weeks after the others.
The Galaxy Note 3 builds off the Note series in its third rendition, offering the 2.3GHz quad-core processor, adding 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal storage, with a 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED Display. With this kind of power, its enhanced multitasking capabilities can be put to their true tests.
Sprint reminds us that the new S-Pen 3.0 has always been an abled-bodied drawing and note-taking device, but with the added Air Command features, you no longer have to toggle between screens or memorize commands with the new five features listed below:
- Action Memo - Allows the user to take a quick message
- Scrapbook - Allows the user to quickly create a Scrapbook and add items to it
- Screen Write - Captures the full screenshot and allows you to write on the page
- S Finder - Gives you the capability to search your entire Note 3 for practically anything
- Pen Window - You can draw a box anywhere on the screen and a box will open and allow you to place an app in that window
The new 13MP camera and options supported from the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean interface allow the user to do so much more with features like Eraser Shot that removes unwanted background distractions and Drama shot that captures a time-lapse event all in one shot.
Sprite says that the additional features will make it easier to use the new Note 3 while at the same time enhance the way users interact with device:
- Easy Mode - settings give new smartphone users or simplicity seekers the option to start out with a basic version of your home screen that keeps your favorite apps and features within reach.
- Air View - lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview.
- WatchON - simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchON and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy Note 3 functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- S Beam - quickly and easily shares files simply by tapping two S Beam-enabled smartphones together.
Sprint is excited about the Galaxy Gear wearable device experience when paired with the Galaxy Note 3. Gear features a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED display and a 1.9MP Camera mounted in the wristband. Some of its highlights include:
- Smart Relay - Quick Glance Notification alert for incoming calls, messages and more on Galaxy Gear. When you pick up Galaxy Note 3, it will intuitively open the appropriate application to save you time.
- Smart Lock - Automatically lock or unlock Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear as soon as Galaxy Gear is within a 5-foot radius of Galaxy Note 3.
- Find My Device - Galaxy Gear can be used to find Galaxy Note 3 by remotely triggering an alarm when within Bluetooth® range. Galaxy Note 3 can also be used the same way to find Galaxy Gear.
So are you going to pick up a new Galaxy Note 3 or Galaxy Gear on Sprint or at another carrier.