AT&T announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear, will ship by October 1 and be available online and in retail stores on October 4 for $299.99 and $299.00, respectively, with a two-year contract. The Note 3 will be available in both Classic White and Jet Black and the Galaxy Gear is available in both Beige and Jet Black at launch. T-Mobile should be announcing their availability soon, closely followed by Sprint, with Verizon bring up the rear, as usual, with shipments starting October 10, although pre-orders have been going on for a couple weeks.
AT&T wants to remind you of the Galaxy Note 3's features:
The Galaxy Note 3 features a 5.7-inch full HD Super AMOLED display and builds on Samsung's successful Note series with a better way to control, write and get more done, such as:
- My Magazine allows you to curate content tailored to the things you love including sports updates, celebrity news, your social media feeds, even nearby restaurant suggestions.
- Scrapbook provides an easy and functional way to use the S Pen to grab and store videos, photos and clips from Web pages that are linkable back to the original online source.
- Wake-up Command allows you to send messages, make calls and more without touching your phone, just by saying "Hi, Galaxy."
- S Finder makes locating emails, text messages, contacts or web history on your smartphone easy. You can even search for handwriting or symbols, or browse by date.
- Advanced Multi Window functionality lets you keep two windows of the same app open so you can browse your social media feed while posting vacation photosâ€ . You can also drag and drop an address from an email into a map search without cutting and pasting.
- Samsung Smart Switchâ„¢ transfers contacts, calendar events, messages, photos and more. It can also automatically find your favorite apps on Google Playâ„¢ and recommend similar ones if there isn't a direct matchâ€ â€ .
- Action Memo makes your handwritten notes actionable. You can dial a number, import information directly into contacts, go directly to a web address and find an address on a map.
The Note 3 also includes innovative camera features as well as additional features introduced on the Galaxy S4:
- Eraser Shot removes unwanted background distractions in your photos and videos with just one touch.
- Drama Shot captures a time-lapse event all in one frame.
- Face and Smile Detection takes a picture only when your subject smiles
- Burst mode allows you to take several shots in a row
- Panoramic makes it easy to take several pictures and the software pieces the photos together for one panoramic view
- S Beamâ„¢ quickly and easily share files simply by tapping two S Beam enabled smartphones together.
- WatchONâ„¢ simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchON and the built-in IR blaster, the Galaxy Note 3 functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- Easy Mode settings give new smartphone users or simplicity seekers the option to start out with a basic version of your home screen that keeps your favorite apps and features within reach.
- Air Viewâ„¢ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear, the first wearable device extends your Samsung Note 3 experience – when paired with the Galaxy Note 3 it broadens your smartphone experience by intelligently connecting and sharing information with each other.
Let us know in the comments or on Google+ if you plan on picking up the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Galaxy Gear this week.