After a 6 month hiatus, the Android Headlines Show is back tonight! We’ll be broadcasting live via Hangouts On Air starting at 8:30 PM Eastern Time. Moving forward, we’ll also be making the weekly Android Headlines Show available as a podcast. We’ll have links for you to subscribe to the podcast once they are live.
There’s a lot of news, rumors, apps and hardware to talk about this week. Even in a somewhat slow week, there’s a lot going on in the world of Android. Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 Kit Kat rumors are all over the place. CyanogenMod partnered with Oppo to release their custom ROM on the new N1, which looks to be a great flagship smartphone. Angry Birds Star Wars II dropped this week in the Google Play Store. Like I said, there’s a lot going on. Here’s a quick run down of what we’ll be discussing tonight:
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat rumored to be launching in October
- Here’s what we can expect in Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Android/Google G1 turns 5
- BlackBerry enters into agreement to be purchased by investment firm, BBM rollout halted because of leaked Android version, overloaded servers
- Asus and Acer could be merging
- Google Drive offering 50GB of free storage with Moto X purchase
- CyanogenMod is a company now
- HTC One Max camera and fingerprint scanner
- Sony Xperia Z2 rumors before Z1 even launches
- Samsung 64-bit processor almost ready
- LG G2 review
Apps and Gaming
- Dead Trigger 2 releases Oct 23rd, Angry Birds Star Wars II available, King of Fighters, Still waiting on Plants vs Zombies 2
That’s what we have planned for the Android Headlines Show tonight. If there’s something you would like us to to talk about, let us know in the comments. You can tune in right here at 8:30 PM ET tonight. Come hang out with us! We’re excited to be back.