With all of the fanfare leading up to the launch of the Sony Honami, or Z1, as it may be called, it’s reminiscent of the Galaxy S4 – let’s hope there is more substance with the Honami than simply a big buildup. The current custom is to tweet several clues and/or images up until the device’s release, and Sony is not disappointing it that area. The above tweet shows us a close-up of the power button with the caption, “It’s the smartphone everyone’s been talking about…not long now #bestofSony”
We know for sure that the Honami will be unveiled on September 4 in Berlin, a few days ahead of IFA 2013 so our wait for the final name, though Z1 seems to be the real deal, and the final specs will be over soon. We have gotten bits and pieces from tweets here and there and we can piece together this much:
Black Friday 2017 Deals: Find Great Deals on Android Smartphones, TV’s, Smart Speakers, Chromebooks and More.
- Camera – is packing 20.7 megapixels with 1/2.3″ ExmorRS sensor and a f/2.0 aperture, Sony G Lens and a BIONZ image process – all aimed directly at the Nokia Lumia 1020, HTC’s UltraPixels, and the Samsung Galaxy Zoom
- 5-inch 1080p Full HD Triluminos display
- 2MP Front Facing Camera (FFC)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage w/MicroSD slot
- 3,000mAh Battery
- Possible Black, White, and Purple colors spotted
The Honami could very well be the smartphone that puts Sony up there with Samsung, HTC, and LG. Sony has made some impressive phones the past couple years, but has never broken into the mainstream in the U.S. The Xperia Z was well received by the smartphone community and indeed, ourselves so hopefully this newest model will make Sony Xperia a household name in the U.S.
Let us know if you are excited about the Sony Honami if you will give it a look when it is finally released.