A while back, Samsung announced it was holding its first Annual Developer Conference in San Francisco from October 27-29. Online registration for that conference is available now at the Samsung website.
According to Samsung's press release:
Samsung's event will feature over 40 technical sessions and industry sessions from leading influencers in the mobile, consumer electronics and digital content industries. Samsung will also unveil a number of new SDKs and tools that will help developers maximize the latest innovations, features and capabilities found in Samsung devices.
The conference will offer a single place to "learn how to develop, market, and monetize applications and services," and will cover all areas of development, including smartphones, tablets, and televisions. Samsung believes that many consumers are now utilizing all three mediums and this offers the developer more opportunities than ever to innovate.
Key topics discussed will include:
- First-look at new Samsung SDKs and tools including S Pen and new features
- Deep dive into Samsung Service Platform and services APIs including ChatON, Group Play, Samsung AdHub, Context Aware and much more
- Best practices for developing Smart TV application in multi-screen environments spanning, mobile, tablet and TV
- Cross-platform development case including HTML5, Web app and more
- Special sessions for B2B developers which cover the Samsung mobile partnership program, building certified applications, KNOX, Enterprise SDK, and more
- Development opportunities in emerging categories such as gaming and much more
This is a very smart idea on Samsung's part and allows them to instruct developers on how to get the most out of their Samsung products, and not simply their smartphone, but for their tables and Samsung's line of Smart TVs. The more applications developed for their products, the more marketable they become, especially when a user is utilizing all three products, allowing Samsung to solidify their Ecosystem.
Tickets for the event will cost you $299 for access to the conference and all of its offerings. Details and registration information can be found on the conferences official site: SamsungDevCon.com