Whenever we report about Google adding more things to Google Search and/or Google Now we always get two reactions. Either "that's awesome" or "that's creepy". Now that we're a bit used to the creepiness in Google Now, these changes are probably not that creepy anymore. But Google Search now has even more information about you. Would you rather Google or the NSA have your information? I'd rather Google have it.
A lot of this information that is being made available today in Google Search, has been part of the Google Now for quite some time now. But now you can search straight from google.com. Here are some of the new searches:
- Flights: Ask Google "Is my flight on time?" to get info on your upcoming flights and live status on your current flights.
- Reservations: Ask for "my reservations" to see your dining plans or "my hotel" to get your hotel name and address. With one tap, you can get driving or public transit directions straight there, saving you lots of steps.
- Purchases: Ask for "my purchases," and you'll get the status of your current orders, so you know whether your mom's birthday present will arrive on time.
- Plans: Ask Google "What are my plans for tomorrow?" to see a summary of upcoming flights, hotels, restaurant reservations and eventsâ€"very useful when you're traveling.
- Photos: Say "Show me my photos from Thailand" to see the photos you uploaded to Google+. You can also ask for "my photos of sunsets" if you want to show off the shots you've taken over the year; Google will try to automatically recognize the type of photo you're asking for.
The update is rolling out to devices over the coming days. To phones, tablets and desktops. Of course, you can always find more information on the searches from Google.
How many of you are excited to see these new searches coming to Google Search and will be available on desktop now, which is pretty awesome. Google is always updating search, since that is their biggest part of their business, aside from the Ads which brings in all the revenue.