These days there are so many things that we pay for that it's pretty hard to keep track of everything. There's our phone bills, rent or mortgage payments, cable, loan payments, electricity bills and more. The list goes on and on and even with the best will in the world we can't possibly remember when all of these bills are coming out and how much money we need to move from there to here, it's impossible. That's where Manilla comes in, it's a great app and service that works great on Android smartphones which essentially keeps all of your bills together and makes it super-easy for you to remember everything. Read on to see if this is something that could help you out.
Description: Nobody wants to pay a late fee and so Manilla has set out to do away with late fees entirely, by helping to make sure that you keep on top of your finances, month-to-month. Receiving praise from Money Magazine, ABC and the TODAY show, Manilla is a free app that will group all of your bills and accounts together, to make sure you keep on top of your finances. Manilla will send you friendly reminders when a bill is due and help make sure that you never face a late fee again!
How it Works: To start keeping on top of your bills with Manilla, you've have to download the app from the Play Store, and then you'll have to sign-up for an account - which is free.
Signing up is really easy, and it's very secure, you need to set up security questions and a strong password.
The first bill that Manilla ask you to link is your phone bill, which is pretty smart when you think about it.
All you need to do is to link your account with your e-mail and password, simple as that:
You can search for and link a whole host of accounts as Manilla has over 3,500 providers to choose from and is always adding more. If you don't see one of your providers, Manilla has a Custom Accounts feature, so you can add any account to Manilla -- even those that Manilla doesn't currently support. This includes personal accounts, like rent, gym memberships, grocery accounts, dry cleaners, and more.
Once you've linked a number of your accounts, you can set up reminders and Manilla will tell you when they're due:
You can also take a look at the accounts linked just by heading into the accounts tab.
There are detailed looks at accounts as well:
Opinion: For those of us that worry about making ends meet and keeping on top of our expenses, Manilla couldn't be any more useful. They say that knowledge is power, and being smart really is the key to having a healthy bank balance. Some might have more to work with than others but, it's all about how you approach things and take care of your accounts. Manilla helps you see big bills coming and keep a track of how they're changing, allowing you to never let an overpayment pass by unnoticed. If knowledge is power, then Manilla is the wise old master that can teach you everything you need to know.
- Speed (4/5) - Manilla is a fast enough app that runs perfectly fine and it connects to server quickly with little to no hassle.
- Features (5/5) - It's not easy having to pay all of the bills but, with Manilla you can be a little bit smarter with things, and that's the key to success.
- Theme (4/5) - It's a good-looking app that might not win awards but, it's easy to follow and the interface is straightforward.
- Overall (5/5) - Manilla is an app that can help you keep on top of your finances and make sure that you don't get hit with surprise bills, late payments or anything else. What could be better than that in this economic climate?
- Easy-to-use interface will appeal to all smartphone users.
- All of your accounts and services can be linked here, making it a one-stop shop for all your expenses.
- Manilla will make sure that you never get hit with a late payment again.
- You can easily keep a track of bills like your phone bill, electricity and credit card bills to see what's going on at all times.
- Not available outside of the US.
- A tutorial would be helpful for older users.
Conclusion: Manilla is one of those apps that you think "why has nobody done this before?". Truth be told, there are other apps out there, such as Mint, that offer a similar service but, it seems to us that Manilla has the edge and is geared up to work right out of the box with very little set-up. A tutorial would be nice for older users of the app but, as it stands the interface and the concept are easy enough for people to get to grips with. It's a harsh climate out there and it's hard enough as it is, without getting hit with surprises and late payments. Manilla can help you keep a track of your spending, rises in bills and more, so that you're never out of step with your expenses. This is an obvious app for tech-savvy folks and for those that still balance the books with a pen and paper, this is the future, and you should embrace it now.