On Monday, Bell and Sony announced that the Xperia Z will be making its way to Bell in Canada as an exclusive to the carrier. Much like the Xperia Z being an exclusive to T-Mobile here in the US. Bell has not yet announced a release date for the Sony Xperia Z, but you have to think that it's going to be very soon. Since the Xperia Z is rapidly reaching the end of it's life cycle.
The Xperia Z was announced back in January at CES and released worldwide shortly after. It had been absent in the US until last week when Sony began selling it on T-Mobile (T-Mobile stores will have it beginning on Wednesday). Or you'd have to buy it unlocked, and it carried a pretty large price tag. The Xperia Z is an alright phone, you can check out Tom's review of the device from a few weeks ago. But here are the specs:
- 5" 1080 x 1920p full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- 13MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video, Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Water and dust resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode improves standby time by at least 4 times
- Available in black, white and purple
The Snapdragon S4 Pro processor inside might seem a bit old, but it's definitely a fast enough processor. And soon you'll be able to buy the Xperia Z on a 3-year contract. Yes, Canada still has 3-year contracts, at least for another few months. I'd recommend buying the phone outright, if you can. Given how old the phone is, it more than likely won't last your full contract. Then again, most phones don't anymore.
How many of our Canadian friends are looking forward to the Xperia Z coming to Bell? Let us know in the comments below.