The developers of Buzz Launcher have kicked of a pretty wholesome competition in order to grow awareness for their product. The contest calls for designers and users alike, which the developers refer to as "Buzzers" to create, rate and share their favorite Buzz launcher homescreens. It's really not difficult to do at all, and if you've been using the popular app for some time now you should already have the wherewithal to get this done.
If you've never used Buzz launcher before, it differs from usual launchers because of how the content is offered. Users can share, rate and install homescreens that other users have designed and download them in one shot. Instead of installing and setting up all the various components associated with a homescreen, Buzz allows users to download everything they need in a single package without all the hassle. So, if you see a particular homescreen setup you really love, you can get it installed on your device with the click of a button.
The contest is now open and anyone can participate, including regular users and homescreen designers. The total amount of dough that can be had is $8,000 divided up in several ways:
- Grand Prize – $5,000 and it will be a part of Buzz Launcher's default Homepacks displayed prominently
- Buzzer's Favorite Design- $1,000
- Most Trendy Design – $1,000
- Most Practical/Functional Design – $1,000
Up to $2,000 will be awarded to regular users with the most shares. To break it down, the top three users will net prizes of $300.
The contest started today, and will run until July 15th, 2013. The winners of the content will be announced on July 22nd, 2013.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and get rating, or creating!
How to Participate
- Install Buzz Launcher on your device
- Create a homescreen using the integrated tools
- Upload your homescreen using the app
Or, if you're just an end user you can do the following:
- Share homescreens via one of your connected social media accounts
- If a friend downloads the related homescreen you will earn one entry
Are you going to participate?